4th Snake just acquired

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 16446

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just got my 4th snake yesterday, a lovely diamond. Best of all, it was FREE!! But that means I'm going to need a mate to breed with and I'm not sure what sex this one is, although it's 'believed' to be male.

Also pictured and keeping an eye on my reptile is my No. 1 pet, my border collie named Khan.

To date I now have 3 bredli's and one diamond. 2 of the bredli's are around 3 1/2 years old and about 5 feet long and very friendly. The other is about 1 year old and not very friendly.

Attachments

• DSC02324.jpg
    DSC02324.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC02325.jpg
    DSC02325.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC02326.jpg
    DSC02326.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC02327.jpg
    DSC02327.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC02320.jpg
    DSC02320.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 81
I got it from a friend who is a licenced reptile rescuer. They can't all be returned to where they were found and consequently some have to be cared for.

Apparently he can't sell rescued ones, but can pass them onto licenced keepers/carers if they don't have room for them. So that's how I got it for free.

i live in newcastle, can drive to sydney, if any coastals have to be rehoused i would be willing to take any morelia's that have to go, a male carpet would be tops ....keep me in mind...:D

man lucky you! whats the tempiment like? also you wouldnt want her around the rest of your collection becuase she might have disease!

Thanks. She/he's been in captivity for a while for observation, but will be housed in a brand new outdoor enclosure I'm soon to finish, which will be placed pretty much where the photos were taken, with nice exposure to the morning sun.

It's a bit shy at the moment, but hasn't struck or bitten, just very keen to explore the possibility of escape from my hands.

man lucky you! whats the tempiment like? also you wouldnt want her around the rest of your collection becuase she might have disease!

I would be more worried about a captive bred snake than one rescued from the wild, in regards to disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back