1. Hi there Guest, thanks for visiting the site. Due to changes in circumstances, finances and having run this page for several years, Aussie Pythons and Snakes will be shut down on August 1st. If you or anyone you know would be interested in owning and running one of Australias Longest running Pythons and Snakes forums then please get in touch with Stuart via PM. Thank you for your support over years and please know that this decision has not been made lightly. Regards, Stuart

6-7month old python

Discussion in 'Newbies forum' started by WizardFromAus-, Mar 10, 2020.

1. WizardFromAus-

WizardFromAus- Active Member

Hey guys i have just got my first snake (Albino darwin carpet) i feel like i have pretty much everything sorted for her as i have a couple mates with the same breed of snake, i have given her its first feed yesterday which was a fuzzy mice, which the breeder told me to feed her as thats what he has been doing.. my question is when should i swap her to to something bigger like rats as ive been told they have more protein for snakes.. cheers

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2. CF Constrictor

CF Constrictor Active Member

Hi Wizard
    Welcome to the hobby, you will be surprised how big a meal a python can consume. Try a fuzzy rat next feed. If thats to big (which i doubt) the snake will just spit it out no harm done.

WizardFromAus- likes this.
  3. WizardFromAus-

WizardFromAus- Active Member

Thanks mate!! Great advice much appreciated

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk