60 minutes tonight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindSnake

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just want to let you know that there is a story on tonight on Reggie from Big brother and how she has inherited retinal diesease.

poor bugger has had it tough in the past and now she has this to deal with.

yeah i just watched it, as if thats not bad enough the agony she'd feel if she passes it onto her kids. It was interesting to see what she sees.

yeah i just watched it, as if thats not bad enough the agony she'd feel if she passes it onto her kids. It was interesting to see what she sees.
yes its sad what shes going through. but the testing they have done said that she has less than a 1% chance of having past it on to her daughter mia. they have to wait till the baby is born to be sure if it will be the same as mia

It depends on what type of RP she has as to whether she can pass it on at all. One form impaticular, can only be past on through the males Y chromasone.
I can relate to what she was saying, running in to things, being coverd in bruises and bumping into people at the shop (and being asked, what are you blind or something?) LOL... I was at that stage about 8 years ago. It will be a tough transition for her, the time after diagnosis is the worst, but I think she has the personality to get through it.
There is alot of research being done at the moment, with both stem cell treatment and the bionic eye. There is a real hope for some restoration of partial sight within ten years.

Fingers crossed.....

I might have to change my user name to bionic snake. LOL.

P.S. I hope you find your duck cracks....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back