72 Hr Limit on Posts Removed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saximus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Has this rule been changed back now to allow people to post multiple replies? I kinda preferred the old system because it kept threads a bit neater if people replied twice in a row to a thread

Yes Saximus. It was raised particularly in the DIY forum where people were trying to update about their builds and this would often fall within the 72hrs and under the old system 'Updates' didn't show up as new information so people wouldn't know that there was fresh info to see. As I understand it, the 72hr limit still applies to the Sale forums so that people can't endlessly bump their products to the top of the list.

Oh right thanks. I guess that's fair enough but I still used to get email notifications when people replied within the limit. It just didn't show up as "unread" in the feed. Maybe there aren't that many people who get their notifications by email too though

Personally I switch notifications off on forums or else my inbox would be spammed to hell and back as this is not the only place I follow regularly. Even here I am often following 10+ threads and if there is an active thread I would spend half my time clearing messages out of my email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back