Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As most have said they look horrid!

If you were to focus as much on pure locale animals

As what you do breeding mongrels then you might have something

worth showing off ;)

looking good mate. must admit i like the 50% GTP 50% jungles a bit more... the jagpondro's look top notch!

Out of the ten listed on your website, 3 did not impress me much. 'Twighlight', 'Bear', and 'Lichen' didn't do anything for me, though I found the rest to be beautiful, especially 'Mayvolt' and 'Stagger' who took my breath away.
Admittedly a pure GTP looks better, but it seems a rather moot point when that obviously wasn't what you were trying to breed here :)

well i think they are just beautiful Yasser!!! i dont see the big deal with hybrids - perhaps some of those with such negetive attitudes are jealous! Everyone has their own view and opinion, some just keep stupid comments to themselves.

Well ya must not keep up too well because these animals and much of my collection are posted on some of the bigger US sites.

Can i ask you genuinely though, why are you interested in cross breeding snakes? I don't like to play god and i don't like other people trying it either but i just don't see the point (other than possibly getting a nice looking snake out of it). Still will be classed as a hybrid, not being worth as much as something pure. As far as i know the only affects it has on snakes are negative ones.

So just why?

Aside from the snakes not being pure, i really don't find them that attractive at all, i think you can't go passed a nice gtp and to cross it is just a foolish waste of time and an insult to mother nature.

and, i'm also going to say that this is my opinion with any animal, dog, horse - you name it.
I do think it's possible to have such thing as a well bred crossbred animal, for example in dogs the aussie bulldogs have made some nice changes to the british bulldogs health issues as opposed to 'spoodles' and things but having said that there is usually nothing to improve on health wise with most snake species?

It just leaves me confused is all.

Why is it that everyone finds it important to come to an Australian forum and put up pics of mongrel snakes or even for Australian people to google these mongrel snakes and put them up.

and oh my god i just went to 'hybrid haven', that freaks me out.
Especially the dog section, a chinese crested x pitbull? An english staffy x golden retriever?

Last edited by a moderator:
hey yassar, what was it that you were/are trying to acheive?, if you feel that you kicked your goal then the crossbar is not set very high at all.
jmo
cheers:)

I would much prefer to see a beautiful Green Tree Python, sorry but maybe you are over stimulated over there. Perhaps you should resort back to basics and appreciate nature at its finest.

would have been more impressed to have seen a clutch of GTP and a clutch of jags. But to cross the two and create these just seems a waste to me. If you want something that looks lesser then average carpet python why don't you just find the two uglies coastals you can find and breed them?

WOW... How about some damn civility...Why waste computer space argueing about how ugly you find something.I am just amazed about the amount of people who have commented negatively when asked not to, just because the animals are hybrids. I have come across threads by Yasser in overseas forums and would like to credit him on his prowess as a breeder. The amount of effort put into the breeding of some of his animals must be phenominal. As many of you know not just anyone can get their animals to breed and whether you agree with making hybrids or not credit must go to Yasser for just being able to make a GTP breed with a carpet.

whether you agree with making hybrids or not credit must go to Yasser for just being able to make a GTP breed with a carpet.

:lol: classic, putting two cooled breeding-ready (compatable) animals in together is amazing.....:rolleyes:

WOW... How about some damn civility...Why waste computer space argueing about how ugly you find something.I am just amazed about the amount of people who have commented negatively when asked not to, just because the animals are hybrids. I have come across threads by Yasser in overseas forums and would like to credit him on his prowess as a breeder. The amount of effort put into the breeding of some of his animals must be phenominal. As many of you know not just anyone can get their animals to breed and whether you agree with making hybrids or not credit must go to Yasser for just being able to make a GTP breed with a carpet.

It's a forum, you debate, you give advice, you discuss things, you voice your opinion. Hey, i had questions about this hybrid stuff and they didn't get answered, some people act like hybrids arn't such a bad thing but i'm yet to hear people give evidence or an explanation as to why they do it.

Stick pics of the entire clutch up.Always amuses me that only one or two examples of clutches such as this get shown.Also older sibs if you have any.

gravitation- I guess the idea is to make something different. There are really few negative affects that arise from crossing, i have never seen it written that a hybrid python is more likely to get IBD or just a respiratory infection...and overseas there is money in it...you take a 300 dollar GTP and cross it with a 150 dollar carpet and you get a 2000 dollar bub.
caustic- have you ever tried breeding a carpet to a GTP? im willing to bet you find it a hell of a lot harder then just breeding a pair of carpets

caustic- have you ever tried breeding a carpet to a GTP? im willing to bet you find it a hell of a lot harder then just breeding a pair of carpets

NO! that's the whole point, I wouldn't breed them:lol: But what extra effort is put in to breed a carpet to a GTP? I am imagining chalk boards filled with calculations and test tubes strewn desks.;).... They either breed or not, and with repeated introductions (as most breeders do) you have a good chance of mating taking place I would assume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back