8 year old jungle wont eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevobro

Reaction score
Hi All, sorry for asking the same question alot of members ask but im so stumped. Had my Jungle all its life since a hatchling and never has he missed a feed.
I have been feeding him Rats once a month every month for many years he always takes.
Ive now wasted two feeds over 6week period now (large Rats) but the snakes is super active of a night and a day like hes searching everywhere for food but as soon as i offer something he just moves away.
only thing that has changed for the snake is moving house but he has had one feed since we moved and nothing after that. Temps are a little chillier here but have a heat spot for him in a large enclosure that he has been the resident of for over 6 years. His hot spot is kept at a constant 32deg during the day and drops o about 24 in the coldest part of the night.

He looks healthy and just shed about three weeks ago.

how long should i wait before a vet trip is in order?

Ha.
I"m in the same predicament with a 5yr old Jungle.
Hope someone can give sound advice.

I wouldn't be to worried yet mate ! We have just started breeding season for jungles , dare say he/she is looking for love ! I have a few jungles i haven't fed since late april and are now being paired up and wont be fed again till september .
[doublepost=1530786825,1530786699][/doublepost]6 weeks is nothing for an adult python. No need to feed this time of year anyway . Most wont be interested anyway
[doublepost=1530786999][/doublepost]
Ha.
I"m in the same predicament with a 5yr old Jungle.
Hope someone can give sound advice.
Funny coincidence isn't it ! Breeding season guys . The cooler weather is telling them to focus on other things

You think he’s looking for food, but he’s looking for a fine lady in his life! :)

My 6 month old jungle hasn’t eaten for 4 or 5 weeks now. But is still active and acting normally. Funny creatures

Hi all, I’m experiencing a similar issue but with a 4yr old Coastal/Diamond. Looking around all hours for what I’ve been thinking is food but not eating when it’s right there in front of her. She’s always been a great eater but doesn’t want a bar of it. If it’s not a feed she’s after could it be she’s just waiting for a mate???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back