Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rsp, gtp, maccies get to about 1.5m some woma's stay quite small

rough scaled pythons and green tree pythons are around the 6ft mark from what i have heard but very expensive. Woma's go for normally over $1000. Maccies are the biggest of the anteresia group.

from what ive heard i think some jungles stay under 6 foot if you get the right locality....

olive pythons stay pretty small,, about 5 ft.. lol, buy one today :D

Shh leave the poor girl alone.

Your best bet, judging by what you were asking previously is something from the Antaresia genus so:

A Children's: up to 1.1 metres
A Spotted: up to about 1.5 metres
A Stimsons: up to 1 metre
A Pygmy: up to 50cm (haven't seen any of these for sale at all)

I assume you are looking for one that is as large as you can possibly get (2 metres, your parents restrictions) but not larger. You obviously also have price restrictions, so from what I have seen (dunno about the carpets) a spotted is your best choice. People on here call them macs. Do your research, look around the site and use the search function and you will be fine.

Ive seen a pygmy pair for sale. Only once though - very rare in captivity. Viridae is right though, spotted stimsons or childrens.

Blackhead python 150-250cm / 5 - 8 feet
woma 150-300cm / 5 - 10feet
green python 120-200cm / 4 - 6.5 feet
spotted python 75-120cm / 2.5 - 4 feet
childrens python 75-100cm / 2.5 - 3 feet
stimmson python 75-100cm / 2.5 - 3 feet
bredli 150-260cm / 5 - 8 feet
diamond python 150-400cm / 6 - 13 feet
coastals 180-330cm / 6 - 11 feet
muurays and darwin around 240cm / 8 feet

i just did a quick search on here and came up with some "rough" sizes for you ......
keep in mind these are rough and the top end of size may be the extreme ......

to be honest get one of the smaller ones first up , the stimmie ,spotted or childrens , they are all good snakes , not to big easy to house and clean ....
its only a matter if time before you get a second snake , then a third ......so pick a few you like and work down the list

Shh leave the poor girl alone.

Your best bet, judging by what you were asking previously is something from the Antaresia genus so:

A Children's: up to 1.1 metres
A Spotted: up to about 1.5 metres
A Stimsons: up to 1 metre
A Pygmy: up to 50cm (haven't seen any of these for sale at all)

I assume you are looking for one that is as large as you can possibly get (2 metres, your parents restrictions) but not larger. You obviously also have price restrictions, so from what I have seen (dunno about the carpets) a spotted is your best choice. People on here call them macs. Do your research, look around the site and use the search function and you will be fine.

are u calling him a girl coz he wants a small snake or because u thort he was a girl??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back