Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeZaKa

Reaction score
As curiosity has gotten the better of me I thought I would try to post this question as a bit of fun.

Do you have a story behind "how" you named your snake? I've seen some pretty interesting names and thought it would be interesting to hear the meanings or stories behind the names.

I'll kick off with mine though not super exciting. I have usually travelled upwards of an hour drive to buy and usually take the family or just my little girl as she gets super excited. On the way there and back we play the name game where we go through the alphabet and think up as many names for each letter as possible, at the end we pick our favourites and vote on the winner. So far my daughter has named all of mine :facepalm:

The floor is open:D

That's really cool :) i like that story.

When I bought my woma he sat in his water bowl and I randomly thought "scuba Steve" !!! Then thought Steve Earle, copperhead road, copper head woma :) it was a joke to start but it kinda stuck. I was going to name him Bruce but he's a bit of a princess so I'm glad I didn't :)

One of my favourite shows is the simpsons, so when my little fella came home it was a must that he be called "homer stimsons" :) lol

Was trying to name my 1st, had him for about 3 days and sat down with hubby to watch How I Met Your Mother, and they were annoying Barney by calling him Swarly all episode and then it just stuck so he became Swarly

I called my first snake Ozzy, as I love Black Sabbath and I love Australia (aussie)

When I first saw my jungle boy I just thought, wow he's totally gorgeous and work of art pop into my head, so he became Davinci and the girls follow the theme of special women in Davinci's life, Mona Lisa (Mona)and Lucrezia( Lucrezia) Borgia :)

When I first got my python, he was such a sook so my husband and I started referring to him as Mr Sookie LaLa until we could come up with a name... couldnt decide on one so I asked my friends 5 year old kid. He was really into Ben10 at the time so named the python Kevin, (although the kid has a cute lisp and pronounced it 'kebin'), so the python got named Kevin.
His full formal name is thus Mr Kevin Sookie LaLa

This one isn't for a snake but my first 2 beardies were named Beardie and Dragon :facepalm:

Stupid 5 year old me :p

Was trying to name my 1st, had him for about 3 days and sat down with hubby to watch How I Met Your Mother, and they were annoying Barney by calling him Swarly all episode and then it just stuck so he became Swarly

I named one of my lacies Swarles Barkley from that same episode!!!

Bluey/Old Mate is a Blue-Tongue.

Colin The Cunningham/Old Mate Cunningham is a Cunningham.

You Bugger/Fatty/Grumpy Lizard is the other Cunningham.

'Oi You' applies to all of my animals at one stage and the names change depending on whether or not one is gravid or how I'm feeling. They don't get much love in the naming department/

The shop I got my Children's from named him Kirby, and I liked it so it stuck. I named my Common Tree Snake Kermit (the frog eater), after their diet in the wild, and my Blue-tongue is named Frodo, because when I got him he was very small and very adventurous.

Bredli=Ruby, girlfriend named her
Keelback=keelback, to lazy to name
Spotted black snake= Paul, who is scared of something named Paul?
Eastern brown 1= Weasel, because it acts like one
Eastern brown 2= Psy, because its psycho.
Cheers Cameron

I don't name my animals anymore, but when I did i named them after the alcohol I drank the night before I got them. For example my iguanas name is Jose, named after Jose Cuervo. I'm horable at nameing things.

I named my olive Striker cause thats all he did when I got him.

My albino darwin Shaw because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

My prosipine I named Pierre because a friend of a friend of mine had one of those really exotic, expensive cats named Pierre and I thought it would suit a reptile better and

My cat Jebus because as my partner and I were driving home with him in the cardboard box he clawed out of it like the little psycho he is and I screamed "save me jebus" as he attacked me and that name stuck.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Just so they had a name each of ours were named out of the spice cupboard i.e. Coastal is Cinnaman, Spotty #1 is Saffron and Spotty #2 is Jasmin. There is still plenty of spices in the cupboard so won't be short on names when i get more Rep's. :) .....................................Ron

Just so they had a name each of ours were named out of the spice cupboard i.e. Coastal is Cinnaman, Spotty #1 is Saffron and Spotty #2 is Jasmin. There is still plenty of spices in the cupboard so won't be short on names when i get more Rep's. :) .....................................Ron

My friend names all his animals after spices. I also know someone who names there reptile after types of cheeses.

I don't name my animals anymore, but when I did i named them after the alcohol I drank the night before I got them. For example my iguanas name is Jose, named after Jose Cuervo. I'm horable at nameing things.

I named my spotted a similar way. I have a fettish for Brown Brothers Moscato, but every time I go back to buy more I can't remember what the name of it is. So when I bought the spotted my little sister suggested we name her Lady Moscato so I never forget again.. It actually works :D

My coastal is named Sir Imposter because I had his brother before him but there were some complications so I had to trade him for the one I now have. My mum couldn't tell the difference between the new and the old coastal so she decided he was an imposter. The name stuck.

Going with the theme of naming females after alcohol, my albino darwin is Miss Vok.
My woma is formally named Lord Mortimer (in A Knights Tale he is the guy Heath Ledger defeats when he dresses as his boss who shat himself to death.. I enjoy that movie a little too much :rolleyes:) but we affectionately call him any nasty name that comes to mind at the time as he is the crankiest python I've come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back