Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imalizard

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello,
On a recent herping trip I came across 3 lizards that I can't seem to find in the "Complete Guide To Reptiles Of Australia". If you find them can you tell me what page?

Found On the fleurieu peninsula S.A,

2010_0121Photos0248.jpg

2010_0121Photos0252.jpg

Also saw another skink that I cant remember to good but I do recall it having a reddish brown strip running down its back with spots along side. Doesn't matter if you can't id this skink as I can't remember it very good:lol:

Thanks, Daniel

Hold on I uploaded the smaller version, uploading bigger now.

The first is a White's skink, Egernia whitii, the second is a juvenile bearded dragon, I won't guess the species as you find both P. vitticeps and P. barbata there.

im thinking southern angel headed dragon for then second one
looks like a juvi one

how could you get that dragon mixed up with a angle headed dragon, nothing alike and a angle headed dragon isn't found even within a 1000km of the location? the dragon looks more like some sort of Ctenophorus then a bearded dragon

Last edited:
Thanks, I had a feeling it was a whites skink but thought I would get another opinion. You sure its a bearded dragon? I thought it was some sort of Ctenophorus like Gecko 75 said?

Serpentes, i think you will find that Tawny Dragons, C. decresii also occur on the Fleurieu peninsula as well as Kangaroo Island. The dragon in the pic is a female tawny.
Ads

Tawny dragon c. Decressii and whites skink mate

The tawny looks to be female

Serpentes, i think you will find that Tawny Dragons, C. decresii also occur on the Fleurieu peninsula as well as Kangaroo Island. The dragon in the pic is a female tawny.
Ads
Thaks Adsell, I'm obviously not very familiar with the herps around there! But it's pretty poor form to forget C. decresii, I have no excuse ;)

becaus i didnt read the location and ive never seen a beardy of that colour with yellow down the sides. i admit i was wrong. but at a second look i think it might be a beardy... oh well im staying out of this one for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back