A couple of questions (enclosure temps & poo)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeborahS

Reaction score
Hi - a couple of questions hoping for help on.

1. Can I check about night time enclosure temps for a Centralian in Melbourne (during winter) - do we lower the temp or is it safe to turn the heater off altogether?

2. Bit confused about snake poo. Do they have faeces and 'solid' urine AND liquid urine?

Thanks in advance.

A little tip I was given was to "follow" the trend of the location you would normally find the animal in the wild, It will really kick them off to get into the mood

hM2fKMQ.png

Example here, night time temps get to 5c on average in the NT this time of year. - I don't provide my carpets heating from 5 pm to 8 am and it only really gets cold.

If you aren't planning to breed, you can either lower the temperatures for night time or just turn off heat all together overnight :)

A little tip I was given was to "follow" the trend of the location you would normally find the animal in the wild, It will really kick them off to get into the mood

hM2fKMQ.png

Example here, night time temps get to 5c on average in the NT this time of year. - I don't provide my carpets heating from 5 pm to 8 am and it only really gets cold.

If you aren't planning to breed, you can either lower the temperatures for night time or just turn off heat all together overnight :)

It doesn't work like that. A basking area on a 30C could easily be 70C, while a sheltered site could be 25C while the air temp is 12C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back