Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nico77

Reaction score
I found a few frogs tonight while walking at the wetlands with my little girls , photos are not the best but i was wondering if anyone can ID the brown frogs for me ?

cheers Nico

my girls :)
elise and gracie.jpg

These 3 i found at the same spot the other day , theres a centrepede in the hole on the bottom left of the photo you can just see a couple of legs .
ID.1?
3 frogs.jpg

GTF2.jpg

GTF.jpg

ID. 2?
frog1.jpg

ID. 3?
frog4.1.jpg

ID.3?
frog4.jpg

ID. 4?
frog3.jpg

ID. 4?
frog2.jpg

spider.jpg

The last one is a spider.....I'm a professional

Haven't you heard of the Hairy Spider Frog? Harius frogus​?

I'm not entirely sure in the first if two species are pictured. I'm leaning towards topmost as Litoria dentata and other two are definitely Litoria rubella.

All the others are Limnodynastes tasmaniensis.

I'm thinking the same thing with that first picture Geck, it does look like a Litoria dentata and two rubella,

Nice finds Nico, in some places the spotted marsh frogs (Limnodynastes tasmaniensis) are everywhere, and I mean everywhere, and then other places you don't find any (which is a welcome change :lol:)

Harius frogus​ lmao , thanks that cracked me up :)

Thanks for the IDs , why is it a welcome change to not find the spotted marsh frogs , are they a pest ?
I was glad to see them otherwise it would have been a real boring night , there wasnt much around at all . The GTF was found on the fence where i parked the car and there were a fair few spotted marsh frogs jumping around but the fun part was trying to find one that would stop jumping away and stay still for a photo .

cheers Nico

Not a pest, they're still native, but in some areas of the country, they are EVERYWHERE!!!! :lol:

I've worked in some places relocating frogs and it's not uncommon to get 60-70 spotted marsh frogs in a days work and bugger all else, they're fantastic in their own right, but when you get a few days with that many of the same frog each day, the novelty wears a little thin :)

Thanks for that , that makes sense . Its a bit like keelbacks for me , i do like them but when the only snakes i find down my local track are keelbacks i sort of wish i would find something diffrent :)

cheers nico

I did find a owl of some sort the other week down there aswell , im pretty sure its not a tawny frog mouth but the color is similar any ideas ? I think it looks a bit like a powerfull owl maybe .

cheers nico

powerfull owl.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a tawny to me, aren't they frog eaters?

Sorry to hijack nico. GP can you tell me what kinda frog this one is?

PB180112.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back