a few hours herping at the hume weir

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice! would love to do this sort of thing one day

first: eastern lined skink
2nd,3rd,4th and last: juvenile eastern brown
5th and 6th: adult eastern brown
7th:eastern bluetongue

and no, the adult brown was not in the 44 gallon drum when we found it, we put it in there for pics then released it under the tin we found it under

in the space of 30 square metres we found 5 individual juvenile EB, about 50 of the eastern lined skinks, although they were so fast we only managed to photograph one, and it was the one we caught....

and the crazy dude holding the baby EB in the last photo is me, and i also have the sock on my hand, which is lucky coz the sock got multiple bites

the adult EB was in shed and was "blind", so wasnt very happy with being handled

nice! would love to do this sort of thing one day
ah but you can, go to a local tip or something, flip some tin and you'd be suprised what is there

I would have to say that is some pretty cool herping gear you have! Dont know why you actually have the glove on at all...

I would have to say that is some pretty cool herping gear you have! Dont know why you actually have the glove on at all...
if i didnt put the socks on my hand i would be in hospital right now......27032011266.jpg

most of the time i didnt have the socks on my hand, while we tried to get close up head shots, i did

yeh the socks where a life saver if he didnt put them on..... he would be dead from those little brown snakes

and it was my phone that we used to take the pics

You freehanded vens :shock: how old are you? I thought you said once that you're only like 14. I mean I know that's older tha. Me but still...

haha brandon welcome to the forum

and yes guys, the socks werent the best idea, but it was better than nothing, and we had no proper equipment with us, we were a brandons(snakeboii) and went for a walk, and yeh

You freehanded vens :shock: how old are you? I thought you said once that you're only like 14. I mean I know that's older tha. Me but still...
i am 15 now, yes i have handled RBB's and EB's, what of it?

heres a pic of snakeboii free handling the adult EB, btw this was his first time herping ever!
27032011285.jpg27032011284.jpg

the other guy in the first photo is james, he fashioned a snake hook out of wire, so we could release the brown

Last edited:
yeh well there was nothing around us so we just used the socks witch was good idea at the time

Your an idiot.
Your an even bigger idiot for coming on here and bragging about it.

yes i understand bucky, but the way i see it, the people who do the handling courses had to learn somewhere, i have never been bitten but one day i probably will, but that is the fun of it i guess, and incase you didnt know the hume weir is about 15 mins from a hospital
and i will say this again, those were BABY EB'S the heads were smaller than my pinky fingers fingernail

Your an idiot.
Your an even bigger idiot for coming on here and bragging about it.
may i ask how i am an idiot, so i am 15, and i handled EB's im not saying the socks were bulletproof or that we were safe
i am not "bragging", i am trying to share my days herping, but people like you are flaming us down

may i ask how many times you have been herping?

I dont think how many times i have been has anything to do with it.

You said you were free handling the adults, but its ok because the hospital is only 15 minutes away.. are you for real??
Im glad you are sharing your day, but you were bragging. If you want to risk your life being stupid, i dont care .. but keep it to yourself maybe..

The thing that bothers me most this thread is not your total disregard to you or your companions safety is the fact that you come on here talking about it like you were catching tadpoles and give the impression to newbies that its ok to pick up a Brown snakes as long as they have a couple of socks on

um we had it by the tail and we picked it up with the hook at a safe distance so we/i didnt get bit

and it was in the drum so it couldnt get me

and i will say this again, those were BABY EB'S the heads were smaller than my pinky fingers fingernail

oi kid, that is the dumbest thing i have heard. yeh they are tiny but they are faster and more agile and they still contain venom so there is no difference between them and their mum.
grow up and get some shoes on atlest, think before you handle the worlds 2 most deadly snake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back