A plea to all forum users.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MR_IAN_DAVO

Reaction score
Hi all,
I would like to make a plea to all forum users to discuss topics in a social & meaningfull way.
We are all here to learn from others & to give our knowledge where applicable.

By all means discuss whatever topics you wish- Enclosures,lighting, health & yes even Jags, but please do so with the mind that we are here to help each other & learn. Now some people might be hardened by eating cement, but some are not, so please be tollerent that some people might take offence especially if they are not hardened by cement & might take things personally. Some things of recent times do seem to be directed as personal attacks & i for one will not tollerate this.

So please help this forum become a place where people like to visit to gain knowledge & share experiences & for it NOT to become a mud slinging match.

I hope that you can see my piont of view & agree with it. Smiles all around>

Cheers
Ian

This would be an ideal place for Newbs to learn, it is a great resource, I totally agree Ian, lets encourage the new people to the hobby to ask it can help avoid mistakes that are detrimental to their pets.

cheers
Scott

Hi all,
I would like to make a plea to all forum users to discuss topics in a social & meaningfull way.

By all means discuss whatever topics you wish- Enclosures,lighting, health & yes even Jags, but please do so with the mind that we are here to help each other & learn. Now some people might be hardened by eating cement, but some are not, so please be tollerent that some people might take offence especially if they are not hardened by cement & might take things personally. Some things of recent times do seem to be directed as personal attacks & i for one will not tollerate this.

So please help this forum become a place where people like to visit to gain knowledge & share experiences & for it NOT to become a mud slinging match.

Cheers
Ian

Ian I think you have gone too far this time! How dare you ask for rational, respectful and considerate behavior.
This is a place for abuse, personal attacks, the random accusations of "troll" and various other non thought out half informed ramblings to humiliate and demoralise others to boost one own fragile ego. . . . kind of like today tonight;)

Well said Ian, I can understand that longtime users of the forum and more experienced Herper's may get frustrated by the seemingly endless "same ole same ole" questions. However newbies are just that, newbies and they can be daunted by the workings of a new web site. Maybe even nervous about how they will come across to their peers, I remember within 2 days of joining up on here I got pretty battered by a very well known member. I was shattered, what they didnt know was that I suffer from Phase one Bipolar and it actually was enough to tip me into a manic phase. I was also pretty much only confident in posting in chit chat for awhile after that, my point is none of us know how another member is feeling or their state of health and as such should either tread mindfully or ignore their thread or post if it is that annoying. I feel very sorry for those that are hard and take pleasure from being sarcastic and hurtful, because it at the end of the day I dont think they are seen in a very favorable light......

Hi all,

Cheers
Ian

I am a long time user on this site and it's sad to see some on the most experienced people i ever met or chatted to leave or no long post.
If it wasn't for the advice of these people we'd all be poorer for the experience.

I vote for IAN for a moderator job, he'd be great with this attitude :) Vote 1 Ian.......lol

Well i thank you all for your support & this may well break the all time record for number of likes.

Crystal i totally agree & was my piont of speaking out, thanks.

Yommy thanks for your vote, but mate i am not running for election & i have better things to do than to be a ridiculed moderator paid nothing to look after a bunch of idiots. They do a reasonable job & cannot be expected to account for every post & we should all just pull our head in.

Cheers
Ian

& Yommy i totally agree with what you say about some of the more experienced breeders, if it were not for all the BS they might still be here to share info.

Last edited:
Sorry mate i think you are wasting your time. I have been a member of this site since 2006 and this year decided not to renew my subscription. Too many inflated egos on here for me.

Sorry mate i think you are wasting your time. I have been a member of this site since 2006 and this year decided not to renew my subscription. Too many inflated egos on here for me.

Wow 2006, the fact you made it this far is a testament of endurance. . . I vowed no more than 6 months.
i think the nature of man and the protection of isolated posting will always override the benefits of discussions in a public arena. i ran a Japanese sword forum for some time and while it was never as nasty there was always ego and opinionated posturing going on. People on the whole really arent that bright and just like the school yard the weaker kids either get picked on or jump on the bully bandwagon.

My view: It's not too bad, you have to treat the forum like a magazine, flick through, read what interests you, ignore the rest. If someone gives you one under the belt, hit them back because the mods are often too slow to act (no offence, I realise you can't be there all the time).

Unfortunately: Any decent, interesting, intelligent, thought provoking threads get pushed off the front page by "help me name my ...", etc..

How to improve APS (?): People should know the difference between discussion and argument. The former is more paletable to everyone. It would be great if the mods (when present) would advise posters to search before asking a question that has been answered hundred times - it can be done politely.

My gripe: Do some people really need a public opinion or input into naming their pet or which reptile to get next? Do they also ask the public how to name their kids and whether to get boy or a girl next time?

All in good faith
Michael

: Do some people really need a public opinion or input into naming their . . . Do they also ask the public how to name their kids and whether to get boy or a girl next time?

All in good faith
Michael

Yes, unfortunately some of them do. . .

My view: It's not too bad, you have to treat the forum like a magazine, flick through, read what interests you, ignore the rest. If someone gives you one under the belt, hit them back because the mods are often too slow to act (no offence, I realise you can't be there all the time).

Unfortunately: Any decent, interesting, intelligent, thought provoking threads get pushed off the front page by "help me name my ...", etc..

How to improve APS (?): People should know the difference between discussion and argument. The former is more paletable to everyone. It would be great if the mods (when present) would advise posters to search before asking a question that has been answered hundred times - it can be done politely.

My gripe: Do some people really need a public opinion or input into naming their pet or which reptile to get next? Do they also ask the public how to name their kids and whether to get boy or a girl next time?

All in good faith
Michael

Michael i totally agree with you, BUT it is a public forum & people are entitled to ask whatever they want, & it should be in the apropriate section of the forum. Just as people are entitled to reply or put thier piont of view across, BUT we should all do so with the upmost courtesy of others or just not say anything.

Cheers
Ian

Said in the voice of Joe from Family Guy "bring it on" :D

That would result in death threats and terms like MEGA TROLL!!!. . . .it would prob be even to volatile for me

haha everyone's computers would just explode!!!:lol:

Well if you are pleading with us......

If people take the things I say personally, then that is good... Cause I meant it to be personal :p Doesnt get more up close and personal than talking to strangers on the internet.

Michael i totally agree with you, BUT it is a public forum & people are entitled to ask whatever they want, & it should be in the apropriate section of the forum. Just as people are entitled to reply or put thier piont of view across, BUT we should all do so with the upmost courtesy of others or just not say anything.

Cheers
Ian

I agree with you Ian, I just think that "entitlements" are sometimes the core of a problem, in all walks of life.
I just thought if some of the repetitive questions and trivial waffling was trimmed off, the quality of the contents of this forum would be at higher level. Obviously, the traffic would slow down a bit and that may not be appreciated by the admin ...... so, lets leave it as it is.

Thread on here " Crocodiles and Mice " fully illustrates my point. At the start of that threads how many Fwits contributed anything to the thread except stupid comments. A lot of the problems on here is people try to reply to every thread to get their post count up and contribute FA.

All in good faith
Michael

Michael i agree with you.
Ian i also agree with you..

There are a couple of things i don't like about these forums any more.

1 there is a lot of nuisance posted.
2 people arguing for the sake of arguing...

God knows i have been smashed by the likes of bluetongue, michael, echioposis etc etc when i have been wrong. But it has been good cause they jave pulled me up on good points, and i certainly appreciate it and learn from it at the same time. What i do hate is when people post some waiting for a reaction and when someone of intellect and experience answers in a logical matter they are suddenly flaming the OP??

There is also the though of longer existing members not sticking around... Well it happens... I have been here since 07' and it has changed alot on this forum. Mods do a good job when they around yes, but at the same time cant always be around.

I agree with the way you look at it Michael, i flick through what i do and odnt want to read.

Cheers,

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back