A plea to all forum users.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GREAT!! Another thread on a reptile site with nothing to do with reptiles.
I reckon we should hybridise this site, and morph the crap out of it. It will only ever be onscreen, not used as conservation material in the wild. And we might get some pretty patterns.

Mate as much as i like you & your info this is the exact same thing that i am talking about.
Stretching a thread as far as possible to get a negative response.
In no terms has anyone ever mentioned conservation or the likes & this a thread more about morals.

Cheers
Ian

Ian Davo,

can you summarise all this and submit a ticket? That's the only way to get admin's attention and hopefully some response.

Mate i can only but try, if this thread is not enough for the administrators of this site to take a good look & choose what people want, then bugger me. Maybe i have got to PM them, that is not hard?

Cheers
Ian

Last edited:
You'll never sanitise a public forum- the whole point of it is for people to say their piece, whether you agree or not. I think the mods do a good job of keeping a lid on the rubbish, I cant imagine making us all twy an wub each ubber would be successful. In fact I'm going to up the insults in protest. Ner.

MP will not do much. You (or someone else) need to submit a ticket. The mods don't want to have anything to do with suggestions, especially if it leads to structural site changes (as someone suggested). Take on board what people have said, summarise it and submit a ticket.

Although your original post was about peoples conduct, it invariably implies "changes". If people don't change their attitudes and conduct, the only other option is to regulate this forum differently.

I have to say as a newbie things can be hard to find and while I am looking and reading ALOT a newbie thread with tips to finding what we want to know would be very helpful :D

My wife, whom builds websites and has and is building forums took one look at the structure/layout and said she thought it would be a nightmare to navigate. . . but in defence she also pointed out the amount of time it would take to reformat espescially if you want to keep all the original posts

MP will not do much. You (or someone else) need to submit a ticket. The mods don't want to have anything to do with suggestions, especially if it leads to structural site changes (as someone suggested). Take on board what people have said, summarise it and submit a ticket.

Although your original post was about peoples conduct, it invariably implies "changes". If people don't change their attitudes and conduct, the only other option is to regulate this forum differently.

I guess this is why it has been moved to here.Thanks heaps.
Cheers
Ian

I'm on this site daily and for a few hours but never really post apart from afew pics or serious questions. There's no point wasting space by posting a name my reptile or what rep should I get threads. And I've seen many ppl get flamed for having an opinion or for little things and all the trollers. This site is still great but there are a lot more people who cause problems and hell even do so ilegal dealings with reptiles on this site.
The site should stay how it is but possible with afew more rules regarding what you can post or something like that

I like to think of it as a zombie Apocalypse, Wade it out, or just join em :p Nothings gonna be perfect, So might as well sit down and see what happens

If you do wish to make a difference then you can do so by following these instructions-

Go to the very bottom of your screen & you will find icons there to click on support centre & then click on submit ticket & then go for your life?
I got that from waterrat.
Cheers
Ian

Well if you are pleading with us......

If people take the things I say personally, then that is good... Cause I meant it to be personal :p Doesnt get more up close and personal than talking to strangers on the internet.

I am quite amazed really, at the people who are quick to judge or pick on ppl here, yet I have met some of them in person and they really are completely different to what I expected. Wasn't greeted with the F-word or abuse they enjoy throwing around here. More down to earth and very nice ppl out there compared to the character they show on here.

Mm. Plenty of keyboard warriors, but that comes with the territory. I think the froum is teetering towards overmoderation as it is, the last thing we need is someone trying to make us all play nice.
If you don't like what someone has to say, ignore them, that's what it's there for.

I'm not a fan of people that are quick to call other people "trolls"...

True Red, but some posts are so obviously some sort of troll or someone joining 'that day' with no details of thier state, gender etc..... so in other words, they simply joined this minute and post 1 is on a major subject with an unbelievably silly story...... and yes I am talking about the 'dont use couriers warning' thread. I gave the op a courteous answer to start.... but the whole thing screamed troll and I said so.

I like the site just how it is, it is good to be offered a range of subjects and interests over all categories on hitting new post search (even chit chat & DIY). I use my mouse to choose what looks interesting and dont bother with what doesnt. People just need to think before they post..... there is a 'preview post' option so you can read over what you have written in your thread..... before posting, some posters need to read it once again, from someone elses perspective and see how others would read it and what they might mis-interpret it as, or what other info they might need to make an appropriate answer/suggestion? Like is thier enough info on the post? Example.... *what should my coastal eat? How should I heat his enclosure?* well, How old is the python? How long is it? What approx weight? what has it been eating so far? What is your climate? What sort of enclosure?

Simply asking vague questions with hardly any information will get you equally vague answers...... and if you start by picking inflamatory subjects..... flames will prolly follow ;)

The site is great..... if it aint broke dont fix it, IMO :)

Everyone is different, some days we get annoyed and voice our opinons. Some days we have empathy.. Some days we have a joke. It's a forum, other peoples opinons.
Isn't that the point? Post a question get a multitude of answers?
Yes there is negativity but there is is also helpul advice.
Take the good with the bad.

I really start to wonder about some of the peoples state of minds on here, let alone wether the crudentials are right like age & location.

Ian

I really start to wonder about some of the peoples state of minds on here, let alone wether the crudentials are right like age & location.

Ian

So true ;)

Just out of interest, how come you dont have any details in your window? Would be nice to know your rough locale? Is there a reason you chose not to put any in? or just didnt think it as important enough? Or just never got around to it?

You arent intending to become a troll are you? :shock: :lol: hehehehehe

I lurked here for some time, became a member and post every now and again. And while I agree that the forums should be a learning resource for experienced and newbs alike, knowledgeable members are given the boot or punished for being harsh on members that deserve it. I see advanced keepers with decades of valuable experience given the short end of the stick for misbehaving, while certain members get off with just a slap on the wrist.

It certainly doesn't breed an atmosphere of peer-reviewed discussions and advanced theory crafting.

So true ;)

Just out of interest, how come you dont have any details in your window? Would be nice to know your rough locale? Is there a reason you chose not to put any in? or just didnt think it as important enough? Or just never got around to it?

You arent intending to become a troll are you? :shock: :lol: hehehehehe

I mean this light heartedly...
But I'm not sure why it matters?

I removed my location and age because I simply came to the realization...why do random people need too know that about me?
Same with a profile pic...personally I think my current Chernobyl one is much nicer haha

My point is, and while I understand it can be nice to know more about people you frequently converse with on here, I don't see why every member must know the age and location of all others?

Perhaps it's just me, but it makes me uncomfortable.

Of course state is necessary in for sale and certain help threads. But that's about as far as it needs to go for me.

If you don't like a thread move on, don't read it. I can handle all the people who act like douches because I just ignore them or egg them on depending on my mood. It is all the do-gooders and people whining and worrying about what everyone else is posting that give me the irrits.

As for the very first post in this thread, mate get over yourself, "won't tolerate it" ? When exactly did someone else step aside and make you king? Who do you think you are to just start a thread declaring you won't tolerate anything at all?

Don't like something don't read it and don't get involved, sounds simple. Want to know why it sounds simple?

I mean this light heartedly...
But I'm not sure why it matters?

I removed my location and age because I simply came to the realization...why do random people need too know that about me?
Same with a profile pic...personally I think my current Chernobyl one is much nicer haha

My point is, and while I understand it can be nice to know more about people you frequently converse with on here, I don't see why every member must know the age and location of all others?

Perhaps it's just me, but it makes me uncomfortable.

Of course state is necessary in for sale and certain help threads. But that's about as far as it needs to go for me.

Well, I have been roused on by calling a she a he.... because there was no gender info...... when people are asking about heating issues etc, it is nice to know what approximate type of climate the member is in..... when talking about licencing issues and regs, it is nice to know the members home state...... It is nice to know if you are answering questions from a child or an adult (although, I have looked and cant find where to put in age) It would be good if the age could be put down as an age group, ie 10-15....15-20...... 20-30 etc as ages tend to change each year for some reason :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back