A plea to all forum users.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So true ;)

Just out of interest, how come you dont have any details in your window? Would be nice to know your rough locale? Is there a reason you chose not to put any in? or just didnt think it as important enough? Or just never got around to it?

You arent intending to become a troll are you? :shock: :lol: hehehehehe

I know this question wasn't directed at me but I would like to add my thoughts. I use to have more details in my window but the stories of peoples' animals being stolen inspired me to remove my location from my details. I don't wish to make it easy for anyone to track me down. My snakes are worth less than many others, but thieves don't really know that and will take anything, anyway. I am glad I left my age there, though. Some time last year I had a very bad mind block and could not remember how old I was. Tried counting back from my year of birth, but for future reference, leaving my age there will help unblock my mind.

Last edited:
It is also very easy to report a post just by clicking on the little icon at the bottom left hand corner of the post.

I find it hard to see how people can judge what i am doing or thinking. This thread was created to bring attention to abnoxious behavour & not spelling mistakes or how i feel or where i am from. I think that it has done this.

Cheers
Ian

so if my (and others) opinion is that people who can't spell the simplest words ARE being obnoxious?
I find it highly insulting to say the least when someone gets upset that they're pulled up on BASIC spelling and then cry about being judged.

there is NOTHING stopping you from picking up the basics and increasing your level of spelling.

or, you know, you could just use one of the MANY auto spell checkers for every browser available, but that would require minimal effort right?

so you see, it works both ways, I am not highly educated, my spelling is IMO terrible, but I make effort to try to combat it, and I use spell check, just so it's easier for people to read and understand, lots of people seem not to care at all, and then get upset and complain when someone pulls them up on it.
put some effort in people, it will make a huge difference in how you are perceived and reacted to.

so if my (and others) opinion is that people who can't spell the simplest words ARE being obnoxious?
I find it highly insulting to say the least when someone gets upset that they're pulled up on BASIC spelling and then cry about being judged.

there is NOTHING stopping you from picking up the basics and increasing your level of spelling.

or, you know, you could just use one of the MANY auto spell checkers for every browser available, but that would require minimal effort right?

so you see, it works both ways, I am not highly educated, my spelling is IMO terrible, but I make effort to try to combat it, and I use spell check, just so it's easier for people to read and understand, lots of people seem not to care at all, and then get upset and complain when someone pulls them up on it.
put some effort in people, it will make a huge difference in how you are perceived and reacted to.

I dont really think people mind being corrected per say :) I feel it is the way it is corrected, the "tone" I do think people can be embarrassed when publicly corrected? perhaps a pm if it is so irritating? just a thought :) no sarcasm intended

I dont really think people mind being corrected per say :) I feel it is the way it is corrected, the "tone" I do think people can be embarrassed when publicly corrected? perhaps a pm if it is so irritating? just a thought :) no sarcasm intended

Bad spelling and grammar sometimes comes across very funny and people make jokes about it. It often sets the fire on the roof but it's just a fun. It's amazing how many people here don't have a funny bone in their body and just can't take a joke.

Last edited:
Sentences should start with a capital letter,not half way through them,if spelling is going to be knocked,should'nt that basic be knocked as well?

Personally,does it really matter,if you understand what the post is,thats good enough in my book

michael,excellent point there to,a little bit of humour is always good,some dont seem to take it very well though,i see alot of stuff get blown out of proportion on here,some could say these types of threads are exactly that to,sometimes its good to sit and stew on things before jumping the gun and retaliating

alot of unnessacary niggling would be avoided if some posts were re read,instead of assuming the worst

Last edited:
I do understand where you're coming from, but at the end of the day we are all adults and should hopefully be able to self moderate to a large degree.

Compared to the infighting that used to happen, threats, personal insults, real-life showdowns, and even the old mod whinge website, the forum has very few actual situations that need moderation now compared to how it used to be, and it's one of the least snarky forums around. I can't think of anything recent that the mods haven't put a lid on fairly quickly.

I know none of this is directed at me - because I am perfect in every way (for the internet).

Sentences should start with a capital letter,not half way through them,if spelling is going to be knocked,should'nt that basic be knocked as well?

Personally,does it really matter,if you understand what the post is,thats good enough in my book

michael,excellent point there to,a little bit of humour is always good,some dont seem to take it very well though,i see alot of stuff get blown out of proportion on here,some could say these types of threads are exactly that to,sometimes its good to sit and stew on things before jumping the gun and retaliating

alot of unnessacary niggling would be avoided if some posts were re read,instead of assuming the worst
Haha, You need a space after a comma. That four line sentence of yours really could have been better written - 3 to 4 sentences rather than one huge sentence looks much better. :p

Richardsc - grammatical FAIL :D:D:D:D

Kathy, he never puts a space, always makes me go cross eyed to read.

um.... PLUR PLUR PLUR

Someone please tell me my post is meaningful, or I might have to go bleed out in the bath.

It seems that the whole point has gone awry, Ian made a plea for courteous behaviour. . . . not that hard even if someone has terrible grammar, didnt cross their T's or has a taste for pink undies. It is just about being civil.

The pot calling the kettle black much?

Everyone needs to take a chill pill and learn how to take a joke. If someone really is being a dick then that sucks, but hey, everyone can be a dick sometimes :)

The pot calling the kettle black much?

Everyone needs to take a chill pill and learn how to take a joke. If someone really is being a dick then that sucks, but hey, everyone can be a dick sometimes :)

I think your just being Skeptical

Kam333 - Humour FAIL :D

Also to Kam, if I (or kathy) have happened to offend richardsc (I would bet though that I have not) I think it might be HIS place to say so... put the super hero cape away now :p
Usually when smilies are involved, it claims a rather tongue in cheek tone.

Some people have a talent for finding immense insult where there actually is none.

I haven't even read the majority of this thread, it's all the same people saying all the same things.

The problem is there is no conclusion here, different people think different things are acceptable/polite/funny, and some -as this thread proves- are far too stubborn to ever back down.

Hand Grenade.

Also to Kam, if I (or kathy) have happened to offend richardsc (I would bet though that I have not) I think it might be HIS place to say so... put the super hero cape away now :p

Some people have a talent for finding immense insult where there actually is none.

I haven't even read the majority of this thread, it's all the same people saying all the same things.

The problem is there is no conclusion here, different people think different things are acceptable/polite/funny, and some -as this thread proves- are far too stubborn to ever back down.

Hand Grenade.

Might pay to go back and read through. . . fear and loathing in lost vagueness. ;) Yep a smiley use them a lot. I am at a loss where richardsc came into it in regards to me but you just said that there is no conclusion and i agree. . hence my previous post about things going awry. :) this smiley is just to show that I did not take offence to your comment.

Hand Grenade.

All the same people saying all the same things = Crystal get off your Bottom and go play with your Guinea pigs :p

I like super hero capes, they look awesome rippling in the breeze.... But not underpants over tights, thats just wrong lol

In conclusion and back on topic(directed at mine own self) Nobody expects miracles just an effort at being more respectful, polite and tolerant....... hmmmm would that come under miracle?????

Hand Grenade.

Maybe you would like to read the whole thread.
Cheers
Ian

haha, i take zero offence

reverse cross eyed now? lol

wasnt a grammar comp, just seems odd to have a go at grammar and not have it down pat yourself

some folk arent as gifted,doesnt make them any less of a person

some people look better in jox over there tights,plus super heros cant show there nemises that they have skiddies in there reg grundys now can they,that doesnt show there lack of fear

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back