A Productive Evening

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gives a whole new meaning to road rash :p

How long before move in day for Sam ?

I'm betting your next project starts the day after Sam moves in, and I reckon your already thinking about how to decorate it

Last edited:
sam is still a few weeks from moving in, still need to sort out some glass from somewhere, but anyway, you are right, i have started plans for my next 5 or 6 cages :p

Call a few glaziers in the yellow pages or the local paper. Get some quotes, they can vary quite a bit.

I've got another 4 tanks for myself to do, only 1 of those is 'designed'

I have one to do for a friend, and that's 'designed'

I try not to get too far ahead, it makes my brain hurt otherwise :)

LMAO my first one is still sitting uninhabited coz i havent got the glass done yet. i have been very slack and need to get some quotes or call a family member who owns a leadlight shop and see if they can do us a deal lol. around the corner there is also a guy who makes aquariums for his backyard pet shop so he mite also be able to do them cheaply but money is always the issue. next week for the first time in ages we should have no lump some overdue bill to pay so should be able to afford to get it done and maybe even buy some pondtite

in my case the glass is normally worth more than the rest of the enclosure, but thankfully the brother in law just moved back from Qld, and he's a glazier so hopefully they'll be some great "mates rates" coming

Last edited:
I've been lurking on this thread for the last couple of days, anyways, just wanted to say Treg, you have done an awesome job! I've bookmarked this thread and I'm gonna give it a go. Probably wont look as good as yours lol, but you've inspired me :)

"we" have decided that Treg has set the benchmark for drybrushing, just hope he doesn't mind a bit of competition - all friendly fire though. He's certainly getting a reputation and I'm glad to say he's inspired quite a few people :)

we are about to start the detailing part of our background this week, wont be able to get it to Treg's quality, but sure have picked up a number of tips!

"we" have decided that Treg has set the benchmark for drybrushing, just hope he doesn't mind a bit of competition - all friendly fire though. He's certainly getting a reputation and I'm glad to say he's inspired quite a few people :)

Thats right he has! Will post some updates soon.

If you read the earlier posts in this thread you'll see that Treg was a warhammer nerd :p ROFL

Last edited:
trick for getting cheap glass.....go to a glazier and ask for second hand glass...still works fine but is usually half the price. have your track installed first and go with the measurements usually they can cut it on the spot.

Alternatively you can hit up a place that makes shower screens usually they make doors (glass inside alum frame) and they are often cheaper than get glass cut for sliding fronts

Cheers,
Scott

I'm going to Bunnings today to grab some supplies. I've already got the foam, but might grab a little more, plus som expanda foam, liquid nails, PVC glue+ grout or render (which is better). Also gonna grab some paints and brushes from a discount store. Should I get anything else?

acrylic render is good and reasonably cheap to. $10 for 20kgs, you can get oxide colours to colour the render to. You'll need some cheapo paints and then pondtite to seal it when finished...... other than that i think you have it all on your list.

the cheapo acryrlic paints will also tint the render nicely, and a better range of colours than the oxide too,

I agree with 1woma, pondtite or some sort of sealer is about the only thing not on your list,
Oh, and CHEAP $2 paint brushes to slap on the render. it wrecks the brushes. good luck and start a thread to show us your progress

i always forget the little things like paint brushes LOL

good luck and start a thread to show us your progress

Lols I don't really trust my skills, haha, but I guess it would be a good idea so I can get some tips as I go along. Oh, just one more question.

The rock wall is going into an aquarium that I'm converting for my beardie. What kinda backing should I use? Just some ply? Or should I get something thicker/stronger? The tank is 2ft from front to back, so plenty of spAce for a thick board for the base.

Kev,
can you please start another thread so we dont hijack tregs, I have some suggestions so it will have a kick start.

Thanks Kev :)
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/diy-zone-5392/fake-rock-wall-build-questions-165783/

if anyone wants to help Kev

Hey TREG...........
you got that phone of your fixed yet ? i'm dying to see this enclosure finished and occupied. Its too cold out in the shed so i thought I'd do some cyberstalking instead :D

Last edited:
yea...... i have been pretty crook recently with som horrible disease, but to bunnings this Friday for pondtite (yay) and maybe glass sliding tracks

also have made a short list of glaziers in my area, so will start making calls next week

LOL, I hope you're not contagious, I don't want anything for the next 12 months. I've had 8 mths of working around 2 knee surgeries and resulting complications (same knee) and its caused me enough delays. So keep your bugs to yourself.

Good luck with the glaziers I hope you find one that doesn't charge like a wounded bull :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back