Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffa

Reaction score
Hi All, just thought I would post a few pics of a little critter that I rescued late last night. This little tacker was found under the dining table while food was being eaten. P1090280.jpg

What I would like to know is how would these guys actually be able to eat Blind snakes at this tiny size?P1090281.jpgP1090282.jpg Cheers.

Yeah Womagaunt, knew what it is. Never seen one this small though. Does anyone on this site know wether or not Bandy's hatching cycle coincides with blind snakes hatching cycle? I know of plenty of termite mounds that blind snakes would call home but to assume that Bandy's would strictly eat at such a small size.........................................................

dam mate very nice find there rather had to come by these days

Yeah Womagaunt, knew what it is. Never seen one this small though. Does anyone on this site know wether or not Bandy's hatching cycle coincides with blind snakes hatching cycle? I know of plenty of termite mounds that blind snakes would call home but to assume that Bandy's would strictly eat at such a small size.........................................................

hmmm I'm not sure but the baby Bandy Bandys have to be eating something reptilian. Looks too small to eat even a small blind snake.

Are they even australian? Do they have venom? Just curious because I have never seen one or even here'd of a bandy bandy before.

yes and yes, but if you get bitten by a bandy you WILL be the laughing stock of the entire herp world :lol:

Cement

why would I be the laughing stock of the herp world if I got bitten? By te way is bandy bandy another name for a type of sea karate? Because if it is then I could understand why I would be the laughing stock of the herp world.

I've never here'd of a sea karate. But I have heard of a Sea Krait. I hope you have looked up Bandy Bandy by now Reptiles4me - a very common snake on the east coast, mild venom, don't bite, so absolutely harmless.

Jamie

Bandy Bandys have also been recorded eating some subterranean skink species, blind snake babies however are very tiny, and Bandys can go without food for a long time as can most snakes that prefer cooler weather.

I've never here'd of a sea karate. But I have heard of a Sea Krait. I hope you have looked up Bandy Bandy by now Reptiles4me - a very common snake on the east coast, mild venom, don't bite, so absolutely harmless.

Jamie

I've never heard of "here'd" either :rolleyes:

Not sure about your google skills Reptiles4me - I typed in "bandy bandy" and got all the relevant and useful information straight up.....

https://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&su...6e6c8241fc0fe8&bpcl=39967673&biw=1366&bih=653

Last edited:
Cement

why would I be the laughing stock of the herp world if I got bitten? By te way is bandy bandy another name for a type of sea karate? Because if it is then I could understand why I would be the laughing stock of the herp world.

Mate I know you're 13 and all but take a minute when you type a post and before you hit post look at the words you might have made a blue on and make sure you have spelt them right, it's another way to avoid being laughed at... karate being a prime example.

That Bandy Bandy is a stunner, the 20c piece really puts it in perspective. :) I'm lucky to get a blue tongue or skink around my place. :(

Mate I know you're 13 and all but take a minute when you type a post and before you hit post look at the words you might have made a blue on and make sure you have spelt them right, it's another way to avoid being laughed at... karate being a prime example.

That Bandy Bandy is a stunner, the 20c piece really puts it in perspective. :) I'm lucky to get a blue tongue or skink around my place. :(

Thank you Gruni, it is heartening to finally see someone suggesting Reptiles4me do something to alleviate the ridicule that seems to be heaped on him in just about every post he makes, i am sure that many here must have forgotten what youthfull exuberance is, in time i guess he will be pretty knowledgeable about reptiles if guys like you keep guiding him instead of laughing at him, i am so surprised that he has not lost it and torn stips of his detractors but i think he must just have broad shoulders.

wow that is a tiny "Bandy Bandy" never seen 1 so small, 1 of the guys up here had a couple of them he tried to breed but gave up after 4 years, he also said they were harder to feed than his kids

As previously said Bandy Bandys have been recorded eating skinks. It is not fully known whether this is a regular accurance though. Also do not trust what people say about their venom. There has not been too much indepth research into the their toxcity. Yes a bite is extreme rare, but i do know someone who has been bitten but not envenomated. These little guys neurotoxic qualities that other elapids dont possess

Thank you Gruni, it is heartening to finally see someone suggesting Reptiles4me do something to alleviate the ridicule that seems to be heaped on him in just about every post he makes, i am sure that many here must have forgotten what youthfull exuberance is, in time i guess he will be pretty knowledgeable about reptiles if guys like you keep guiding him instead of laughing at him, i am so surprised that he has not lost it and torn stips of his detractors but i think he must just have broad shoulders.

wow that is a tiny "Bandy Bandy" never seen 1 so small, 1 of the guys up here had a couple of them he tried to breed but gave up after 4 years, he also said they were harder to feed than his kids

It's actually not heaping ridicule to point out absurd errors in grammar, spelling, or errors in intended meaning. I am extremely conscious of clarity of meaning whenever I type anything here (and anywhere else), as we all should be. I was not being scornful, just indicating, as Gruni did, that it pays to read what you've typed before hitting the send button. But most people seem to let these things go uncommented on, so the slide in the use of comprehensible English continues unabated. Unfortunately, even the younger teachers these days are afflicted with the same bug - my wife was a teacher (English major) for 25 years before commencing another career, and she despaired of the "anythinK, somethinK, mischeeeevIous, defiantly (instead of "definitely") etc etc that used to emanate from teachers' mouths and chalks (before interactive whiteboards lol!).

I suppose I'll get flamed for being a hardliner when it comes to meaning within the written and spoken word, but that's life...

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back