About time I said hi

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFox

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I thought for my 250th post I should probably introduce myself. My name is Megan. I'm nineteen. I moved down to Melbourne from Cairns at the start of this year for Uni. I grew up in Cairns and still sort of refer to it as home.

I've always being interested in reptiles but it turned into a love after I rescued my cat from a juvie scrubby when I was twelve. I spent the next six years begging my parents for a python, which didn't happen because mum has a phobia of snakes. She can't even look at pics without shaking.

Anyway, I got my first snake August just after I turned 19. He is a gorgeous uluru woma, who is almost three. I have just gotten a Tanami woma hatchy, who arrived last Monday. So now I have two snakes. :)

Welcome RedFox. Now you know there's a mandatory picture tax, lets see your snakes :)

Thanks everyone. Sniper I will post some pics in the morning. Oh and don't worry SarahScales you should see my wishlist.

Welcome Megan.
And hope you looking to a life full of turning up rocks in the bush and buying frozen rodents when you do the shopping lol

welcome redfox.. even though you've been here a while lol. :) they are great first snakes cannot wait to see some snaps..

How rude. You have been here for two months without introducing yourself. Welcome to APS lol.

As Promised here are some pics. This is my new little guy being handled for the third day now. He has settled in very well considering I've only had him a week. He has to be a calmest hatchy ever. He hasn't even looked like biting me and happily spent almost half an hour slithering through my fingers. He really wanted to keep exploring and clung on when I put him back in his click clack.
17.12.12 2525.jpg
17.12.12 2538.jpg
17.12.12 2556.jpg
17.12.12 2523.jpg

Sorry for the quality, they were just taking with my phone. Oh and before someone says anything my hands are tiny. He is about 40cm long whereas my hands are just nudging 15cm.

Last edited:
Hi RedFox & welcome (pretend I said it two months ago :p )
He is a gorgeous looking Woma! I like his cute little head :)

helloo and welcome awesome little woma im gueesing tanami?

Yeah that's the tanami one. Such as little sweetie. My Uluru is in shed at the moment and so I left him alone. Once he has shed I will post pics of him too. He is beautiful in the flesh.

We swapped places. I moved to Cairns from Melbourne at the end of last year for uni. :) What happened with your cat and the scrubbie?

Welcome to APS.

Welcome to a 2 month old respected member!!!!!

You still haven't managed to change your mum's mind about snakes? She is really missing out!

Welcome to APS!!!!

We had a scrubby in our yard. It came out of one of the drains and went through our neighbors yard into ours. Luckily their dog was inside otherwise poor scrubby probably would have made it to our yard. Anyway our extremely territorial cat was in the front yard and heard the snake. She then stupidly decided to run at it a few times. She didn't get anywhere near it though. I grabbed the cat as the scrubby did a couple of defensive strikes. Ended up with some lovely scratches and bite marks after that, all from the cat. Ungrateful little rat that she was.

Mum called the snake catcher and hid inside. Once the snake catcher came, my brother and I got to have a good look at it. It was just a young one only about 2.5m.

If JCU cairns had the course I wanted I would probably still be up there. I didn't want to spend 4 years in Townsville.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to a 2 month old respected member!!!!!

You still haven't managed to change your mum's mind about snakes? She is really missing out!

Welcome to APS!!!!

Yeah pigs have a greater chance of flying than Mum getting over her fear. She is a bit of a lost cause. She doesn't even know about them. Dad likes snakes so when I'm up there in Jan I will show him some pics and my brother was down here for a month after he finished school. He thinks they are beautiful.

Last edited:
Redfox, that sounds like my rescue of the neighbour's cat from a terrifying slaty grey. Snake didn't touch me but the cat inflicted a couple of scratches. I've still got a mark from one of them even after two to three months.

What course are you doing? And why the aversion to Townsville? :)

Chem Eng at Monash. As for Townsville no real reason, I just don't like it. Maybe it is just the old Cairns, Townsville rivalry.

Hmmmm, Melbourne or Townsville, eh? That'ds be a pretty easy choice for me... one of them is sleepy, boring, and full of deluded cultural-bogans who think their podunk city is some kind of metropolitan wonderland. The other is an appealing, down to earth conglomeration of good people...in the tropics :p Methinks you'll grow to hate Melbourne as much as I do LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back