Absolute Newbie Needing A Little Help With A Stimson Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonTemple6

Reaction score
Hi, I have been looking at getting a snake for a while and read up on it and got the permit and everthing. I have gotten the chance to get a 3.5 year old female Stimson Python whose owners are moving, she seems like a very well adjusted snake that is friendly and happy.

I'm picking her up in a few days, but their child just broke her heat lamps bulb. Does anyone know which type of bulb is the best for her species? Should I get a UVA one? Or a Daylight or Moonlight bulb? Or an Infrared?

I want to do the best by her, but there's just so much conflicting info on Google that I am unsure which is the best heating lamp for her breed.

Can anyone help?

Any extra help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Hay dragon how big is the tank.. ceramics are good or just a red or purple one they sell at any reptile/pet shop cherrs

She is living in a 120cmx60cmx60cm Reptile One tank, and they are giving that to me with the snake as they are moving overseas and can't take anything.

So it doesn't really matter which type of light? She'll be happy with any of those?

Thanks.

PS. I have heard that the tank she's in might be too big. A lot of the info says a 2ft tank is the best. Is this right?

That tank is ok just make sure the heat light u choose is the right size have u got a thermostat?

A CHE, or ceramic heat emitter, will last longer with a thermostat than a globe. For that size tank, a 100w should do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back