Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible that the price has come down, but last time someone offered them to me it was about 2k.

I'll take them for that price :)

When you do make sure you call me to pick up your other reps before they go into the DECC ballot.

people keep focusing on loss of licence and fines. what about the fact that if you get caught with one exotic it is not only taken from you, but all of your collection even Australian species are taken from you and distroyed. happened to someone i know in Sydney. she had exotic snakes, and inverts.

people keep focusing on loss of licence and fines. what about the fact that if you get caught with one exotic it is not only taken from you, but all of your collection even Australian species are taken from you and distroyed. happened to someone i know in Sydney. she had exotic snakes, and inverts.
Why would the australian species be destroyed ? I read they get adopted out to licence keepers

well it happened in this case dude, i guess they fear disease may have been spread to the Australian species.

Id love one as well.may as well get one for everyone...hahaha.But for real gillsy..ball pythons available here?where?been reading up on them and wouldnt mind getting my grimy paws on one...or a chameleon.how awesum.

lol on a website that add was on i scrolled down and found this

FOR SALE / ADOPTION: Sulcata tortoise
WE ARE LICENSED DEDICATED breeders and we have tortoises and turtles available of various species. We have babies, juveniles, sub adults and adults with their inches. find below our present available stocks.
-Sulcata tortoise,
-Hermann's tortoise,
-Star Tortoise,
-Radiated tortoises,
-Egyptian tortoises,
-Golden Greek tortoises,
-Russian Tortoises,
-Leopard tortoise,
-Redfoot tortoise,
-Other varieties of tortoises available, All well vet examined and come along side with the required paper work. Shipping to any location is available. contact us directly for more information like pricing etc. Please serious inquiries only. Also available are fertile tested tortoise eggs contact us for availability and pricing. Thanks.

DetailsBreed:Tortoise PureBredAge:5 MonthsPrice:$150.00

chameleon's are really the only thing that appeal to me, not that its worth the risk.... plus they never do anything when iv'e seen them in zoos

this is a well known scam, its been going on a long time. keep your money in your pocket.

out of all the reptiles i have wanted ( chamleon ) remains my favorite !! and to hold and play with one made my day it fell off were it was and went from green to gray black instanly ( it fell only a small distance and was not hurt at all ) amazing to see.

chamleons and iguanas i would love to keep but i mite have to move to the US

When you do make sure you call me to pick up your other reps before they go into the DECC ballot.

Have you not been reading, I don't know of one case where native animals have been confiscated.

I love a good old exotic debate, brings out all the people that sit on their high chairs and think they know how unslack the DECCW is.

Haha yeah I would actually be interested to hear how many people actually get "inspected" by the DECCW. Talking to people at the Castle Hill expo, it seemed like they are only interested in the really big breeders. They know they can catch them out more often because they are more likely to make a mistake with their paperwork which can then be construed as deliberate misinformation.

To true Sax, they probably also don't release, that between WIRES and the Syd Met Wildlife who I work for, there are so many call outs and euths for corn snakes around sydney.

There are patches of viable populations of wild corns around the northern beaches, north west and south west.

Have you not been reading, I don't know of one case where native animals have been confiscated.

I love a good old exotic debate, brings out all the people that sit on their high chairs and think they know how unslack the DECCW is.

Does anyone know what kind of confiscation most of the ballot reptiles come from? I wonder if anyone does know of someone who lost on licence animals along with the exotics?

I think 'high chairs' etc is an unfair call tho.

It's my understanding that most of them come from people who have allowed their licences to expire but still have the animals or from wild caught animals

My license expired, and I know a few friends who have expired. DECCW just assume you haven't got any more animals and the people I know that have got caught just had to pay to renew their license.

I know alot of ballot animals, particular ones at Herp clubs come from rescues, eg I've had about 8 carpets, 4 Anterisia, and few other bits and bobs from around sydney that I have caught on rescues, in the city you get either escaped pets or exotics, very rarely do you get native reptiles (as in exotics or non native to sydney)

Also any reptile that is not releasable from either permenant injury or not releasable in the immediate area have to be brought into captivity (DECCW regulations). So they are not always confiscated animals. I use to get alot of GTS rescues from fruit imports from QLD, yet none of those can get released.

High chair maybe a little unfair, but alot of people don't have a realistic view of the world and what actually happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back