Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with gillsy on this one !

i have done rescues and found bredls, childrens ( granville )

LOL you make it sound like i'm always wrong... I wish I was finding bredli's i'm over ants and morelia... however I did get a call for a large green python.... I was very very excited..

I even trekked half way around sydney to go pick it up..

It was the ugliest skinniest diamond I have ever seen, how they got green from a virtually all black snake I don't know!

lol on a website that add was on i scrolled down and found this

FOR SALE / ADOPTION: Sulcata tortoise
WE ARE LICENSED DEDICATED breeders and we have tortoises and turtles available of various species. We have babies, juveniles, sub adults and adults with their inches. find below our present available stocks.
-Sulcata tortoise,
-Hermann's tortoise,
-Star Tortoise,
-Radiated tortoises,
-Egyptian tortoises,
-Golden Greek tortoises,
-Russian Tortoises,
-Leopard tortoise,
-Redfoot tortoise,
-Other varieties of tortoises available, All well vet examined and come along side with the required paper work. Shipping to any location is available. contact us directly for more information like pricing etc. Please serious inquiries only. Also available are fertile tested tortoise eggs contact us for availability and pricing. Thanks.
DetailsBreed:Tortoise PureBredAge:5 MonthsPrice:$150.00

The egg thing was a big scam with birdkeepers recently, this whole thing is a scam, someone always falls for it though. Sadly.

LOL you make it sound like i'm always wrong... I wish I was finding bredli's i'm over ants and morelia... however I did get a call for a large green python.... I was very very excited..

I even trekked half way around sydney to go pick it up..

It was the ugliest skinniest diamond I have ever seen, how they got green from a virtually all black snake I don't know!

sorry Gillsy Ha ha ha !!

i have heard that quite a few Green pythons end up at Flemmington markets they wrap themselves up in bannna ( bundles ) i know not the right word for it ! and end up getting trucked to sydney !!! never seen it just heard the stories but like you i never get those call outs i did get a call out to one of my neighbours as they had a red belly black in there yard i lived at 110 and they lived at 112 so that call out was easy fixed just a matter of walking next door that came throught sydney wildlife that call gillsy ? i mainly get diamonds as i do alot of calls to northern beaches area !

If your licence expires for a time, they will just renew it?

Why not??
What is there to gain in being overly tough with a reptile keeper if they may have genuinely just forgotten to renew it???
There are much more important things that they should be getting tough on...like having exotics.
I wish I was a DECCW inspector................

I have been saying for some time now that if you had the right contacts & money, that there is a lot of unprotected borders where cheap smugglers can boat them in, meet up with a set up, & go home happy. Illegal snakes are not coming into Australia in suit cases or on aeroplanes.
These people have no consideration for Australian Wildlife, Just thier pockets.
Just look at what the cane toad & foxes have done just to name a couple without even mentioning diseases & these were legal.
In MY books anyone found with illegal reptiles/wildlife in Australia should feel the full force of the law.

Further on, any respected wildlife breeder in Australia would not or should not condone nor encourage any such dealings.
There is enough here that we can muck around with, without creating new problems.
Clean em up & ship em out.

Cheers
Ian.

If your licence expires for a time, they will just renew it?

Why not??
What is there to gain in being overly tough with a reptile keeper if they may have genuinely just forgotten to renew it???
There are much more important things that they should be getting tough on...like having exotics.
I wish I was a DECCW inspector................

FAY - do you really wish that you were a DECCW inspector with all the bad mouthing of them on here

i dont ha ha ha

The irony ^

Every animal we have here is legally bred & purchased here in Australia.

I certianly do not condone the ILLEGAL importation, breeding & selling of any species of animal.
I am here as well as anyone else to PROTECT the Australian wildlife & fauna.

Just to clear that up.
Cheers
Ian.

Didn't read the whole thread, so don't know if this was posted, but did anyone see the name of the seller? Nelvis Funnie...

My mistake, i thought you kept the illegally smuggled jag morph.

Lets not turn this into another JAG debate, Quite frankly I am sick of it.

Every animal we have here has been bred & purchased LEGALLY within Australia.

Cheers
Ian.

Further on, any respected wildlife breeder in Australia would not or should not condone nor encourage any such dealings.
There is enough here that we can muck around with, without creating new problems.

Cheers
Ian.

Not trying to spark a JAG debate, if i didn't know better i might think you were though
with the above kinds of comments. Practice what you preach.

I totally agree with what you are saying here, how people can support these activities is sad, even sadder is how some of them 'clear their conscience' and see it as ok after a while, even taking the high moral ground!!

I have been saying for some time now that if you had the right contacts & money, that there is a lot of unprotected borders where cheap smugglers can boat them in, meet up with a set up, & go home happy. Illegal snakes are not coming into Australia in suit cases or on aeroplanes.
These people have no consideration for Australian Wildlife, Just thier pockets.
Just look at what the cane toad & foxes have done just to name a couple without even mentioning diseases & these were legal.
In MY books anyone found with illegal reptiles/wildlife in Australia should feel the full force of the law.

Cheers
Ian.

Not trying to spark a JAG debate, if i didn't know better i might think you were though
with the above kinds of comments. Practice what you preach.

Thanks Austalis,
I don't know you & you don't know me, lets just leave it at that.

What I am saying is that any ILLEGAL activities should be punished.

Cheers
Ian.

We just need to track down and punish the people that imported the Jags.

Do any of you KNOW that they were imported? (JAGS that is). Why not say then?
I for one am talking a totally different thing in that bringing in ball pythons, retics & maybe even anacondas is totally different against the nature conservation of Australia.

Cheers
Ian.

Sorry I should have asked that they were ILLEGAY imported?
There are ways of legally importing animals. you just follow the rules of what you can & can't & pay the price for QUARANTEEN.

Last edited:
Do any of you KNOW that they were imported? (JAGS that is). Why not say then?
I for one am talking a totally different thing in that bringing in ball pythons, retics & maybe even anacondas is totally different against the nature conservation of Australia.

Cheers
Ian.

Sorry I should have asked that they were ILLEGAY imported?
There are ways of legally importing animals. you just follow the rules of what you can & can't & pay the price for QUARANTEEN.

Ok you show me where you can import a carpet snake from the US. sorry it's not 'just follow quarantine'

Ok you show me where you can import a carpet snake from the US. sorry it's not 'just follow quarantine'

Horses,all sorts or of cattle come into Australia within the quaranteen rules. Let alone wildlife animals.

Most of the show Budgerigars & Cockatiels have been re-inported back to Aussie for better breeding stock & show results.

SO don't tell me it can't be done.

Yes fish it can be done as well, but Reptiles it can't be done, your thinking general animals, get your head out of the clouds.

JAGS have been imported illegally as simple as that, everyone knows it, no one cares. You getting defensive is only proving the point that you know they are imported illegally.

Simple matter is reptiles can't and shouldn't be imported/exported. Why the hell do you think GTP's weren't imported in there 1000's back when they were a few hundred over seas and 5000 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back