Adelaide: LOST ECLECTUS PARROT

Discussion in 'Other Animals and Invertebrate' started by vampstorso, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Aussiepride83

Aussiepride83 Very Well-Known Member

The sad reality is that not everyone out there will feel inclined to seek to return him if he's found and recaptured. I've got a mate in Sydney who many years ago (during a severe thunder storm) lost his border collie who jumped the fence terrified whilst he was still out at work... he plastered the neighbourhood and surrounding suburbs the following day with posters on every telegraph pole, flyers with photographs of the dog in every letter box.... which yielded nothing... exactly 1 month later my mate was up on the roof of his 2 storey house cleaning the gutters out and he heard barking... he looked in the direction... 3 houses down from his, there was his dog in the back yard staring up at him wagging her tail! He immediately went down and knocked on the door, holding one of his flyers, he was livid... the bloke said he'd found her after the storm and she was such a nice dog and the kids liked her so much so he decided to keep her... like WTF?!?!

There's a high possibility that your dad's parrot has been encountered... by the wrong kind of person... they're pretty hard to miss.

Bl69aze likes this.
  2. Snapped

Snapped Subscriber Subscriber

I'm sorry that he hasn't shown up yet. But don't give up hope, escapee birds have been found months later, and reunited with their owners.

vampstorso and Scutellatus like this.
  3. vampstorso

vampstorso Subscriber Subscriber

Unfortunately today Dad got a call from a monster of a ''lady" to say she had found him passed away, but won't tell him where unless he gives her the reward money.

Thankfully two other women, with souls, called him soon after also to say they think they'd found him, and gave him impeccable directions.

So with a very heavy heart we now know he has passed away. I am thankful at the least there is closure and he is 'back home' and can be cremated....but it is absolutely devastating.

He was a beautiful bird and my Dad's trusted companion, and I truly thought after not finding him during the hot weather, he must be alive and will hopefully be okay during this cooler weather.

Absolutely heart breaking.

Oh Normie, we will miss you.

I went down to Dad's multiple times to search surrounding areas for a few hours, and to make it more upsetting he was only 1km away from home and in an area we had looked in.
    Poor Baby. He didn't deserve such an end.

4. bluedragon

bluedragon Well-Known Member

how sad eckys are my favorite poor guy

5. vampstorso

Thank you also to everyone for remaining encouraging during the whole ordeal. It was comforting

Bluetongue1 likes this.
  6. Ropey

Ropey New Member

I do not like to wish bad on people but she should be struck by lightning.

vampstorso likes this.
  7. Aussiepride83

Aussiepride83 Very Well-Known Member

Sorry for your and your dad's loss. Karma will take care of that woman don't worry.

vampstorso and Ropey like this.
  8. Bluetongue1

Bluetongue1 APS Veteran APS Veteran

My sincere condolences to you both on such a sorrowful resolution.

vampstorso likes this.
  9. pinefamily

pinefamily Subscriber Subscriber

So sorry to hear that, Vampstorso. As you say, at least you and your Dad have closure.

I'd be hunting that woman down, seriously. A brick through the window at a minimum.

Yellowtail and vampstorso like this.
  10. vampstorso

Thank you all for the condolences.

I did get pretty fired up and ask for her phone number so I could "speak" to her.
    I'm generally not a drama creating sort of person, but I was absolutely furious.
    Somewhat thankfully Dad did do the right thing in declining to give it to me.

He didn't specifically say, but I think he was going to pay her just to get his remains back...which is SO sad.
    He has no problem calling people out generally, as it's a large part of his job, so to me this shows how gutted he was.

I think this because he was saying the woman was talking about where to meet her to give her the money and then be shown him.

Apparently she said something like if he didn't want to consider it a reward, he could consider it a memorial fee!!!

I feel so sad he said to me "maybe we should've said on posters etc the reward is only if he is alive"
    I said no! I think that goes without saying and she's just a monster!

Thankfully another lady called and apologetically said she thinks she may have found his bird, and she could send a photo if he could bare it, so if it was him she could tell him where to go. Very kind of that lady.
    Then as he headed down, another lady called to let him know.

I guess this ordeal has been a reminder there are some very kind people in this world, but some absolutely horrible ones too!

pinefamily likes this.
  11. Murph_BTK

Murph_BTK Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Vamp.. ..

Instagram: murph_BTK

12. Yellowtail

Yellowtail Subscriber Subscriber

So sorry Vamp, I just don't understand how anyone can be so callous, makes you wonder if they saw him when he was alive and did not care.

13. Buggster

Buggster Active Member

:/
    We were all hoping for a positive outcome- so sorry for you and your dad that it had to end this way

Bluetongue1 likes this.
  14. Snapped

Snapped Subscriber Subscriber

Oh no, that's heartbreaking. I'm so sorry, that's not the ending anyone expected. :( And what a nasty woman, hope Karma gets her, and soon.

pinefamily likes this.
  15. Sheldoncooper

Sheldoncooper Well-Known Member

She probably neede the money for her daily fix of drugs. I can't think of any other logical reason someone would do that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stompsy likes this.