Admirer looking for advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayden885

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Very keen to get my first snake just want any tips and advice.

What sort of pythons should I look at?

What type of enclosure?

Where to buy from? (I live in goonellabah mear ballina)

I'm not too bothered on what kind, just want to make sure i get the most out of having a python.

Welcome to APS, and the world of reptile keeping.
Do your research first. Read about the basics of keeping reptiles. There are two good books:
A Guide to Australian Pythons in Captivity, and Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons. I'd recommend either as a research tool. Then ask away on here.
With your choice of python, you'll get a whole lot of different answers. The real answer is look around, and pick which one you really like, Then research everything about it.
If you buy a hatchling or juvenile, a plastic tub is the go. An older python can go into a tank or enclosure. Wood or melamine is better for heating; glass loses heat.

If you do your research, you should be able to get a general idea on which kind of species you'd want. Everyone on this forum has their own favourite snake they'll tell you to get, but it's best to figure what type would suit you.

Cheers!! I'll look out for those books!! Cant wait to have one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back