Admit it

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilesaurus

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok who here has sampled their lizards/spiders etc. mealworms & crickets? If so what was it & did you enjoy it?. I have tried a meals worm..& I didn't like or dislike it. T me it had no taste. I can't quite bring myself tho to try the baby crickets...​

My one and only phobia is of bugs....I can't hold one let alone eat them! :lol: My dad has to feed the lizards for me :p

never tried mealies but witchity grubs are not too bad
mealies would be similar in flavour?
have eaten cockroaches in China but they were cooked
scorpions are all carapace with bitter flavour imo
[but i was pretty plastered that night]
worst taste on earth is mangrove worms
like inhaling salty sandy snot

I couldn't do it lol
Just thinking about that initial cruch gives me the heebie jeebies.

my partner has tired the meal worms but ones i breed myself, i could never eat any of it.

couldnt eat an insect lol but i have eaten fish food.....oh wait i have i mistakenly ate a fly it was dead but it was so gross dry and crunchy and bitter ended up eating toothpaste to clean my mouth out

Last edited:
Yeah rabbits pretty good eh.

I have eaten roast crickets before, crunchy and nutty. A very stoned mate (morelia man on here) ate a fried mouse. That was...lnteresting

I know a guy that used to batter and deep fry cockroaches at KFC and watch customers eat it like it was popcorn chicken so they can't taste that bad

If it taste like popcorn chicken I'd eat nearly anything.

At boarding school we used to pull the heads off flying ants and eat them. Kind of tasted like butter.

I have carried around and eaten the drumstick off an emu. It was fresh road kill and the owners of a 4WD park that I was camping at cooked it on a spit roast. I have also swallowed a live goldfish.

I know a guy that used to batter and deep fry cockroaches at KFC and watch customers eat it like it was popcorn chicken so they can't taste that bad

:shock:

Then again I've opened a box of KFC up to find a deep fried rat....needless to say I don't go there anymore :p

Gosh you guys have tried so much stuff compared to me!! I am week!! Lol I need to try more stuff I think!!

It would be funny if people could post pics of them eating these out of the ordinary culinary delights :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back