Advice for diy hatchie rack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpent_Gazeux

Reaction score
Hey there!

All the old DIY guides to hatchy racks have been deleted and I was hoping to start a new one for hints and tips please?

Or if anyone has one typed up already please feel free to share.

thanks

Are you planning on keeping a lot of hatchlings? I only breed 1-20/year and use a bookcase with narrow heat mat along the shelves. The bookcase cost me $20 at Vinnies. I made up the mats from a long roll of it and use MatStats on them. If breeding more, you will want a proper rack system - can't help there.

For ease of construction, I'm a big fan of the threaded rod and melamine shelf approach. If you use heat tape rather than cord you can build it with nothing more than a hand held drill

I had my first babies this year. I converted the bottom shelf of a rack into their home. Mdf with three passes of heat cord in routed channels with a couple passes of that aluminium heat distribution tape on the back half of the shelf. Last click clack set up as control with habistat pulse proportional Thermostat in centre of heated end. Simple and very effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back