Advise on heating Reptile One Hatchling Haven

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quingyp

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm after some advice. I have purchased a reptile one hatchling haven and a reptile one 5w heat mat but am unsure as to how to position the mat under the tub. Am I meant to stick the heat mat under it with tape? Am I meant to sandwich the heat mat between 2 tiles and sit the hatchling haven on top of that? I am really confused. Does anyone use this hatchling haven and how do you heat it?

Thanks
[doublepost=1520116770,1520066153][/doublepost]No one uses these?

img_0083.jpg

Thanks Rob :)

The product information says: 'The heat mat should be placed under the hatchling box on the outside to one corner and secured with sticky tape'.

So, I should stick the heat mat to the underside of the tub?

I'm using paper towel as substrate.

If your heat mat comes with a peel off “sticky side” then stick the heat mat under the enclosure (on the outside) covering about one third of the bottom with said sticky side :) if it doesn’t have the sticky side you could just have the enclosure sitting on top of it.
I have a set up with one of each of these options and they work well, providing you have a thermostat
[doublepost=1520121442,1520121405][/doublepost]Ps I’m happy to be corrected if I’m wrong :D

Thanks EddyFade...The reptile one heat mat does not have a 'sticky side'.

The tub has feet so it is raised about one and a half cm. The product info sheet says to tape the mat to the underneath of the tub (outside) with sticky tape. I was just afraid I'd burn the tub?

I was interested to see whether anyone uses these tubs and how they heat them.

I have the heat mat connected to a thermostat.

My tubs are heated by sticking a heat cord with tape in a zigzag pattern onto a tile then placing the tub on top of the tile.

I would follow the manufacturers instructions, that way if an issue arises you can go back to them. Make sure the heatmat is the one specified in their PDF, tape it to the bottom of the haven and all should be good.
They don't specify whether to use a thermostat but I would have one anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back