Aggressive Introductions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone introduced 2 black-headed pythons who turned out to be both male, and i believe they both died? or atleast seriously injured

So that type of story is the catalyst for my question ...

Have tried introducing an older male olive python to a younger, but similarly sized, supposedly-female olive and both times she has viewed him as prey. Twice she has struck and wrapped, and I had to spray her with a hose get her to to let go. One can only wonder what might have happened had I not been supervising.

Any other storie observations ...?

I put a young female albino Darwin with my male albino Darwin. He immediately struck and coiled but let go just as quick when I pulled them out. A few days later he shed i put it down to him being in a heavy shed cycle as it never happened again

All i can suggest is putting the male in with female and not other way around, as in the wild the male would be searching for female, entering her space

It can be done either way for different reasons. But generally I move the males around amongst the females

All i can suggest is putting the male in with female and not other way around, as in the wild the male would be searching for female, entering her space

First time was him into her enclosure; second time was her into his enclosure; a couple of weeks apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back