Aggro Blotched Bluey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaZeDragoN

Reaction score
Hey guys just got a baby blotchy which made me realise how underrated skinks are but anyways..

He/she was fine on inspection and now since in his set up when you put your hand in he starts puffing, hissing and displaying. Do you think it's just the new environment? It's not bothering me I just don't want to give it a heart attack!
Or is it like a new snake thing and it should be left to settle for a while?
Cheers

When we got our big blues he was puffing, hissing etc when we went near him but now he loves coming out to sit on our shoulder.... Im no expert but try leaving it for a few days or a week and then see how it goes.. maybe check the temps in the enclosure

my little western does that when i startle him by getting him out of his hide, once out of the enclosure he settles pretty quickly. i just try and be quick at getting him out and not letting my hand hover over his head, might be a bit threatening to him. Once he learnt where his food comes from he's been pretty good

probably not a bad idea though to let it settle in a bit before handling it

Thanks guys
I'd better let him settle.. just was worried as I was looking for something new and I went for handling :)

:lol::lol:

My little blotched is called Satan because he carries on like that all the time, never had a problem with my easterns, but i've heard of a lot of blotchies that carry on like that...

Ben

:lol::lol:

My little blotched is called Satan because he carries on like that all the time, never had a problem with my easterns, but i've heard of a lot of blotchies that carry on like that...

Ben

I always wanted something with a little more character so now I think iv'e got it
hahaha

The funny thing is I went for a Bluey as I wanted something ridiculously placid
I should never have sold my pet rock:D he just wasn't grasping the whole concept of toilet training

I've had my blotchie for quite a few years now and she's been an angry little beast from day one. She's fine once you manage to pick her up, but until then she'll do her best to take your fingertips off :)

I had a female that was always defensive. I used her in basic training courses to show new members how to pick up a ferociuos bluetongue, lol. She would always perform on cue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back