Ahh Mites!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coastal_Cleo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Nearly 2 weeks ago I discovered my 9 month old coastal python has mites - how I have no idea as she hasn't been in contact with another reptile since I brought her home 6 weeks ago.

I purchased a can of Mac Mite Insecticide. I thoroughly cleaned her whole enclosure (both click clack and larger enclosure it sits inside), replaced all substrate, soaked water bowl and hide in boiling water, then sprayed the entire enclosure with the mite spray - coastal was soaking in a luke warm bath during the cleaning process.

I repeated the process a week later when I took her out to feed her, then again tonight as she'd soiled her enclosure and it needed fresh paper towel. I also rubbed some paw paw ointment on her after bathing her tonight.

Is there anything else I can do to treat the mites? They're stubbon little things and although there's less and less dead ones everytime I clean her enclosure I'm still finding the odd few.

Please help! Any advice would be appreciated :)

Nearly 2 weeks ago I discovered my 9 month old coastal python has mites - how I have no idea as she hasn't been in contact with another reptile since I brought her home 6 weeks ago.

I purchased a can of Mac Mite Insecticide. I thoroughly cleaned her whole enclosure (both click clack and larger enclosure it sits inside), replaced all substrate, soaked water bowl and hide in boiling water, then sprayed the entire enclosure with the mite spray - coastal was soaking in a luke warm bath during the cleaning process.

I repeated the process a week later when I took her out to feed her, then again tonight as she'd soiled her enclosure and it needed fresh paper towel. I also rubbed some paw paw ointment on her after bathing her tonight.

Is there anything else I can do to treat the mites? They're stubbon little things and although there's less and less dead ones everytime I clean her enclosure I'm still finding the odd few.

Please help! Any advice would be appreciated :)

Heads up use the search option!! There's been heaps of threads on mites lately :)
But treating fortnightly is best
Plus you can go to a reptile vet and give the snake an injection of ivermectin which killed all of the mites on my snake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heads up use the search option!! There's been heaps of threads on mites lately :)
But treating fortnightly is best
Plus you can go to a reptile vet and give the snake an injection of ivermectin which killed all of the mites on my snake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back