Air Gap Between Stacked Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varanoidea

Reaction score
At the stage where I'm considering knocking up an enclosure stack for my carpets but my question is should you put an air gap between stacks?

I know most people don't but I was thinking that the heat from panels in the lower enclosures will warm up the floor/air of the enclosure above it?

Or is the heat output from the topside of heat panels minimal..

I know this was posted a few months ago but have only just stumbled across it.... I would definitely put an air gap between levels.! I have a heat transfer problem with my stacked enclosure at the moment..!

I know this was posted a few months ago but have only just stumbled across it.... I would definitely put an air gap between levels.! I have a heat transfer problem with my stacked enclosure at the moment..!
You should just take advantage of it. I have a four enclosure bay heated with just two panels for that exact reason :)

I have taken 2 lights out and turned it into a 2 storey deluxe penthouse apartment lol :)
Currently in the process of renovations but will be sure to post a pic once the new tenants are ready to move in

One way around the issue of heat problems in stacked enclosures is to adjust the wattage of heat sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back