Albino beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
perhaps then you should have looked a little closer at the pics I posted before opening your mouth and making a fool of yourself.
Also could you point me to any web sited that show the 'Yanks' have been breeding amelanistic bearded dragons for years?
Regards,
Splitmore

I have read the ORIGINAL statements made on reptileroom.com & kingsnake.com days ago.I also know the background on albino beardeds.So I am well aware of the situation.Shot down? color blind? Perhaps I am color blind Bkgone :(
Or perhaps I know the whole story but just feel like taking the mick out because the forums have been dead and I am bored :p

This may have been stated already but if so ignor me. What is commonly called albino is really amelanistic. True albinism is what we often call snow. I have seen amelanistic snakes with red pigment (ei.albino blood python, and albino corn snakes). True albinos are the snow corn snakes or the snow boa. Pure white is called leusistic and is rare. BTW really nice beardies.

i breed true albino cockatiels yay there pure white with light feet toes and tonails and bright red eyes

also inlarge the pics they have white toenails and bright red eyes

Perhaps I am color blind Bkgone
Or perhaps I know the whole story but just feel like taking the mick out because the forums have been dead and I am bored
Perhaps then you should consider getting a life so you don't have to sit here bored and stir things up.
From going back over some of your most recent posts mystic herps,I think you'd gain a lot more from this site if you just sat back and tried to learn a few things rather than feel the need to post some useless remark.But then again it's a huge turn on to see your name up in print.
Regards,
Splitmore

what r they worth and is it a weak gene like the beardies r weaker than normals

Brendan,
No idea what they would be worth I guess what ever people are willing to pay(yes I know some people wouldn't pay $5 for them so no need for those posts).These beardies are only a few weeks old so it's still a long way to go,they may not even survive to reach adulthood.
The albino's were a bit slower than the rest of the clutch to get going but have now caught up to them in size and are growing nicely.The only thing I am doing different is keeping them under a bit less intense light.
Regards,
Splitmore

my uncle bred a ecelectus parrot were the red was replaced by yellow it was reallly awsome and tame and it looks soo good it was like yellow orange and blue but after handrearing he put it outside but it was a cold night and it died:(

You're not seriousy saying that you think that there haven't been loads more Bearded Dragons go to the USA since the ban ?

earthmother said:
http://www.sandfiredragonranch.com/

There have been white barbatas. Centralians can go further with their colours. In the USA they breed vitticeps to pastels and call them morphs.

It doesn't matter how long you breed Easterns they won't go to pastel colours. This was accidental I'm fairly sure, because the USA only had a small amount of Centralians before the Export ban. I'm saying theyre inbred.

they have it inbuilt to change further in colouring than the Easterns.

I read this in a Melbourne University paper a few years back. Goto Photos on this link. They are all Vitticeps.

Mudmum 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back