Albino beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
reptiboy im 14 on monday and im not 10 so...
(Edited by moderator.)

It must just be the pic because they are all vitticeps. I wasn't saying that there is no inreeding going on in the entire US. There are some people that just don't have a clue. Just because some people do it doesn't mean all Americans do it. These translucents were not inbred or line bred. That is why it has taken 2 years to produce the animals we have and we still have not bred pure translucent to pure translucent. Spreading the gene without inbreeding or line breeding is done by simply breeding 1 male to multiple unrelated females in 1 season and likewise breeding 1 female to multiple unrelated males in 1 season to create multiple unrelated hets. I know commenting on somebody's spelling is rude, but so is calling me an inbred hippie. I will offer the highest respect to anyone as long as it is offered to me as well. After reading most of these posts I have noticed that you Aussies (on this forum anyway) seem to bash one another more than you talk about reptiles.

As for whether anyone likes them or not, that is your personal opinion which you are entitled to. I personally believe the natural forms are just as beautiful, but I also find great beauty in the things that are different as well. Thanks for the compliment Switch! Greatly appreciated. All in all, whether you like them or dislike them, that's up to you. The pure fact is they weren't inbred. I know what I'm doing and I think they are cool. Just the rarity of the mutation itself is really cool.

BROWNS - Probably because we are much more interested in your native species than you all are since they are exotic to us and we get more excited when something different comes up. And no.....it's not because of money, it's just neat to have something that nobody else does. (quote)

Reptiboy,going on what snakes people would get if they could have any 3 in the world, it looks like the majority want Australian natives and many of us already have a couple of our favourites.I chose jungles which i have,yellow eyelash viper and albino ball python but i already have bhp's which come 2nd to jungles and then a blue phase chondro.You guys can get practically anything in the US, but i agree with adulthood that on the whole Australians herp keepers and breeders are fanaticle about our native species, and i reckon we have the best herps in the world.

You had to have inbred the beardies to get the morph you have.

My apologies reptiboy about saying your beardies had to be inbred.I would've though they had to be to an extent but if you say they haven't that's good enough for me.I have nothing against new colour or pattern morphs.I love em.By the way your beardies are really neat looking animals.Wouldn't they be classed a a type of albino?

Reptiboy, in your last post you had a go a three specific people.
After reading most of these posts I have noticed that you Aussies (on this forum anyway) seem to bash one another more than you talk about reptiles.
Now you are having a go at all of us here.

I think you are just an attention seeker.

Greebo - I wasn't having a go at all of you. Just merely stating that if you go through all of the posts on this thread there are more posts bashing someone else than there are commenting on reptiles. Because of this, when I posted my pictures I had a pretty good feeling that I was going to get the same reaction, especially because I am from the US. Needless to say I wasn't dissapointed in that respect by some of the people on this forum. Plain and simple, I didn't post on here to argue with anybody. I just think the rarity of this new mutation is really cool and I wanted to share it. I'm not looking for attention or approval, but if someone give me a hard time I am going to defend myself.

BROWNS - Apology accepted and I thank you very much. Yes, they would be calssified as a type of albino. Here's the skinny. The cells that produce pigment are called chromatophores. There are 3 types in reptiles, Melanophores,Xanthophores and Iridophores. Melanophores produce the dark pigments(blacks and browns). The Xanthophores produce the colored pigments, (yellows,oranges,reds) and everything inbetween. The iridphores actually do not produce pigment persay but are actually platelet like structures that reflect and/or defract light. These are usually responsible for the whites and the iridescents in reptiles. The translucents are missing white or have a reduction in white. The irrdiphores are responsible for makeing this color so technically these animals are Hypoiristic. The white is the base skin color so when you remove it the skin is transparent. The skin color in dragons is layered,white being the base,red yellow or orange next and then black on top of that. It seems that as the animals grow they tend to lose the translucence because the red,yellow,and oranges cover most of the body. Some of the animals in the pics I posted earlier were produced by Sandfire Dragon Ranch here in the US, who bought thier original group of animals from Germany 2 years ago. Thier group was split in half, half bred to thier Sandfire line and half to thier pastel line. The resulting hets were then bred to produce some of the translucents we now have. The black eyes do not seem to be directly related to the translucent mutation,they just happend to pop up at the same time. The hypo translucents I have posted are a completely different bloodline produced by myself 2 years ago. These animals are interesting because they are missing 2 out of the 3 skin colors, one step away from true albino.

adulthud and Reptiboy...
Some of your posts have been selected for deletion.
If you want to continue your conversation, please do it via PM to each other and keep it out of the forums.

To all members:
A reminder that inflamatory and argumentitive posts are against forum rules and are therfore often deleted.

To adulthud:
A reminder that insults directed at Administrators are not conducive to longevity of membership here at APS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back