Albino BHP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl69aze

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
IS this real? Is it a first?

Looks super weird might aswell not be a bhp but a whp haha

554BB417-AA43-429F-94C8-028FC4BCB84C.png

Definetely not a first i know that much not sure of any in aussie collections as of yet but a European guy has been breeding them for a while now . Cant remember his name off the top of my head though
[doublepost=1531367991,1531367934][/doublepost]Edit that .. peit nuyten

I wonder how long until they magically appear in Australia.

Quite a few years ago. I was offered a pair for $90k back in... at least 6-7 years ago. Of course, they would have died before maturing and I wasn't stupid enough to buy them.

Surprising how little people know about these.

They are out there and plenty of people have already lost money buying animals that were advertised as 'hets'.
In fact I remember an ad on this site trying to sell hets also around that 6-7 years ago mark.

Quite a few years ago. I was offered a pair for $90k back in... at least 6-7 years ago. Of course, they would have died before maturing and I wasn't stupid enough to buy them.

Surprising how little people know about these.
Admittedly i know very little about this morph and am curious as to why they would die before maturity ?
Cheers
[doublepost=1531815445,1531815383][/doublepost]Also are there some in oz ?

Weak genetics Im guessing
Yeah i kind of figured that. I dont knowtoo much on the weak genetics side of things but was under the impression new genetically faulty morphs generally only survive a matter of days or weeks or live on with kinks and or are very hard to breed later on . @Sdaji can you shed some light on the albino bhps ?

Would the cause be the same reason that leucistic gene is fatal?

Sdaji will explain better than I but with the Albino Spotteds I believe that many of the hatclings were dead in the egg, (full term in many cases) or shortly after hatching. Some did survive but it was very few. They were grown on and outcrossed to strengthen the genetics.

In the early Albino Olive days almost all the albino's came from het pairings as albino x albino was creating similar problems.

Not heard anything about the early days of the albino darwins though.

Sdaji will explain better than I but with the Albino Spotteds I believe that many of the hatclings were dead in the egg, (full term in many cases) or shortly after hatching. Some did survive but it was very few. They were grown on and outcrossed to strengthen the genetics.

In the early Albino Olive days almost all the albino's came from het pairings as albino x albino was creating similar problems.

Not heard anything about the early days of the albino darwins though.
As far as I’m aware from he said she said, a high(90+) % of the first het alb Darwin’s survived (not sure whether it came down to the breeders skill or what) from blondie.

Weak genetics Im guessing. Similar to the early days of the Albino Spotted.

Haha, you say that like there has been any change :p

Neither they nor the Olives have ever changed. The Olives were never all that bad, but as bad as they were, they still are. The 'spotteds' (which aren't really spotteds) will always have the same problems, and outcrossing will never help improve them, neither will it ever improve the Olives. Outcrossing helps to strengthen bad lines. These morphs are single mutations, not lines. They can not be 'fixed' or helped by outcrossing. If outcrossing is going to help, it helps in the first generation and does nothing from there, but it's a completely different concept from anything relevant to these mutations. If you're interested in learning about this, a good first point would be to learn the difference between a line and a mutation.

The albino 'Darwins' (Darwin Carpets) had no noteworthy problems from the start. I remember having the original albino around my neck while looking at the babies shortly before they were openly sold for the first time. If there had been problems back then, they'd still be around now. That original group had a few noteworthy traits like being calm for Darwin Carpets, but that doesn't appear to have been related to the mutation itself as far as I know.

Single gene mutations are what they are. You can't change them. Of the four albino snakes openly established in the hobby, two (the carpets and my adder mutation) are pretty much without problems, the Olives have minor issues, the Antaresia have major issues. Nothing will ever change that, similar to no amount of outcrossing being even relevant to reducing neuro in jags or making the superjags survive. Outcrossing just isn't relevant when working with a mutation.

It's amazing how many ridiculous lies there are, how little sense they make (admittedly, non geneticists wouldn't understand that they don't make sense), and how widely believed they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back