Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stability. I mean if the market was mature we wouldn't have seen the dramaitic variation in price we've seen the last few years. Don't get me wrong, I feel for people who have lost out, I really do, but from my perspective the price drop is a good thing. Obviously not everyone will agree with this depending on their circumstances and there will be a million and one different, but legitimate, points of view.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more.

Prices coming down is not evidence for mass euthenasing of entire clutches. What i think we are more likely to see is animals given away free and when these suppliers realize that they are working at a significant loss they will cease supplying.

I think you have your thinking twisted up. Prices coming down opens the market up, it doesn't close it down. Reptiles being available at less than $50 makes them affordable for many more people than when they were a few hundred bucks each.

just out of Curiosity Scott ,how much would we have to sell our albino darwins
to not be seen as greedy and not in it for the money? ridiculasly high prices?
does that make one more of a True Big time breeder? and not greedy? :lol:
LOl, I feel that my somewhat analytical post on what I was thinking at the time after my ritualistic Friday arvo Pub session, could have been taken out of context..LOL My apologies if i offended anyone...:oops:
I guess I was trying to say that some new breeders buy hets or cheaper animals only to sell them off at cheaper than market prices, as they want to get rid of them quick. I do know this happens as I have seen it and have purchased some, which may mean I'm a hypocrite...flame away...but at least i'm honest. lol
As far as Albinos carpets are concerned IMO they should be around $2K, i purchased hets 3 years ago that were more expensive than Albinos now....go figure....
My reference to greedy, was purely based on people getting into the hobby to make money...not for the love of snakes...does that clarify my post a bit better...it has for me. lol ;)
people exploit a hobby or Business, when they see a potential to make money, which does ruin the hard work put in by others, but thats life.
I also feel that IF snakes are purchased for a small amount of money, when newbies or others get sick of them they either let them go which depending on where you live, may die, or just kill them anyway. For anything $50 that's disposable in my view. The old adage, if its expensive you tend to look after it more!
Just my opinion guys....

Last edited:
just out of Curiosity Scott ,how much would we have to sell our albino darwins
to not be seen as greedy and not in it for the money? ridiculasly high prices?
does that make one more of a True Big time breeder? and not greedy? :lol:
Not sure what you mean in that post as the last part doesn't make sense, like mine before to some..lol
Question, IF someone was to come in tomorrow and sell RPM's for $1000, how would others that are now selling them now for $3.5K upwards feel????
What about if someone was to sell Albinos tomorrow for $400 will you match that? After already budgeting and factoring in how much you will make at the market rate to pay for ALL your bills, ie electricity, feed, housing ets etc....but now you cant cover the cost because someone has set a precedence.
Not directed at you Fusion this bit, but i missed being able to respond...thanks Jay! ;)
I guess you cant be too technical on this site as it means you have to think out of the square and of the big picture and not the minute...hey nigmax.....:lol::lol:
Super Tradie, yeah mate I was called that once...by my wife though, as I have done some stuff for the industry...but at least i'm successful in my Multi-trade company and I only made a comment, obviously too much to comprehend for some....LMAO Sometimes the truth hurts....

I think everything has been said and covered in this thread as it has many times before in these same type of threads.. I feel its been starting to get a bit nasty and personal so I'm closing it. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back