Albino Darwin python//help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn

Reaction score
hello! i am again new for being a snake owner.
My darwin python, last night whom is a juvenile had taken a mouth full of substrate. She was wrapped around the corner of my tub and I was trying to get her into my hands, she oddly did not strike upwards at my hand but the complete opposite, at the floor.

I have been monitoring her as she did eat a lot of it I believe and just now coming back from school, she is now curled up in a ball outside her hide. ( but thats not unusual she never goes in it) . Is curling into a ball a sign that something is wrong? I cannot find anything about it.

hello! i am again new for being a snake owner.
My darwin python, last night whom is a juvenile had taken a mouth full of substrate. She was wrapped around the corner of my tub and I was trying to get her into my hands, she oddly did not strike upwards at my hand but the complete opposite, at the floor.

I have been monitoring her as she did eat a lot of it I believe and just now coming back from school, she is now curled up in a ball outside her hide. ( but thats not unusual she never goes in it) . Is curling into a ball a sign that something is wrong? I cannot find anything about it.
What kind of substrate ? What do you mean in s ball? Like a circle or like a knot

More than likely the snake has managed to swallow it but you would be better to open its mouth and have a look to make sure none is stuck just in case.

Most substrates are harmless to animals if swallowed but some can be bad. What kind of substrate was it?
After snakes have eaten they usually go and curl up somewhere for a few days until they have digested it and then become active again. Once they are out and moving again it is usually time to feed them again, while they are young anyway (1 to 2yrs). Once a month or every two to three weeks is enough for adult pythons, depending on the size of the food you are giving them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back