Albino Darwin Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

E.L Albino Darwin

Reaction score
Hey I'm new on this site, not sure how it works but I have recently gotten an albino Darwin and I noticed today that his eyes are both different colours one is clear and the other is kind of white but it's inside the eye not eye caps or anything? Is this something to worry about or is it normal?

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

It's a little hard to see but there is a photo of the clear eye and one of the cloudy eye and it seems like the cloudy eye is a bit smaller as well it doesn't bulge out as much as the clear eye side.

Welcome to APS.
As you say, it is hard to see from the photos. From your description, it sounds like it could be going into shed.

Welcome to APS.
As you say, it is hard to see from the photos. From your description, it sounds like it could be going into shed.
Okay this is my first snake so I know all the theory but obviously it's different in real life haha. The people I bought him off said that he had just recently gone through a good shed roughly a week or two ago does it happen that often? He is a year old!

Depends on how recently. Also it could happen sooner if the last shed wasn't a complete one. Just keep an eye on him for a few days to see. Keep handling to a minimum.
And yes, you can read everything, and do lots of research, but it can still be confronting with your first snake, lol.

Depends on how recently. Also it could happen sooner if the last shed wasn't a complete one. Just keep an eye on him for a few days to see. Keep handling to a minimum.
And yes, you can read everything, and do lots of research, but it can still be confronting with your first snake, lol.
Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back