Albino diamond rumors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cools2036

Reaction score
Hi guys just heard news that an albino diamond was found in the national park at Henry's head, was said to have been found by a ranger.
I have a relative that works there who has told me about it but he doesn't really know what he's talking about.
Has anyone else heard or seen pics etc?
I'd be interested to see what they actually found

Could you relative get any pics to confirm whether this is actually true or not?

He said he never seen it... Just described what others said or saw which I why I was a bit hesatant. Though it described to what an albino Darwin looks like only a lot more marking (diamond rossettes) really wanna get a look at this thing but not sure whats been done with it if anything

Awfully small box for it lol, huge too if it is pure diamond.

My uncle said this was around 5-6ft
I wander if they have it they let me drop my female off for a few days to say hello to it! ;) assuming it's male

I really hope that they did find one cause that would be awesome :)
Im trying my best to picture what it would look like in my mind lol.

Last edited:
Well I'm hoping the rumors are true, cos if they are I'm almost certain I know where it will be going considering where it was found...if that's the case then who knows ;)

Shouldn't it be left in the wild? Or when someone can make a profit out of it, it's okay?

Not sure what the circumstances were, though it might fall under some kind of reproduction program or some crap like that, I know what your saying though.
Also makes me wonder if it bred and now theres hets roaming around

Shouldn't it be left in the wild? Or when someone can make a profit out of it, it's okay?

Albino Darwins were wild caught, in fact all snakes were, what's the diff? Albinos have a lower chance of survival in the wild, and its not like taking one animal from there will have a big impact
It was caught by a ranger not just taken by random people.

Could you walk past an albino diamond? haha it would take a very strong person to not take it home.

I'll be honest. Probably not. Just gets me when some people are flamed for this sort of thing and just because someone else 'may' have some kind of permit to take it and start breeding it to increase it's numbers in captivity (which if it infact is, I don't mind at all because it would have a better chance in captivity than in the wild IMO, especially as it may be a possible one of a kind).

Please remember that an albino of any species is genetically weak
Its only our 'need' for something different that makes them special in our eyes

I have albinos
I like some albinos

In Medowie a lovely guy there had two [2] grey/white wild caught diamonds with perfectly normal eyes
That was about 2000
Died of melanoma and the snakes vanished
I always wondered when that morph would appear
But hasnt yet
So maybe his son released them

I'll be honest. Probably not. Just gets me when some people are flamed for this sort of thing and just because someone else 'may' have some kind of permit to take it and start breeding it to increase it's numbers in captivity (which if it infact is, I don't mind at all because it would have a better chance in captivity than in the wild IMO, especially as it may be a possible one of a kind).

I don't understand, you say it "gets you" but then say you don't mind? What is the issue? ALL snakes come from wild caught stock, oenpelli is a good example, should they stop looking for them
and retract any current collection permits? Just trying to understand what it is that gets you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back