Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many different forms of albinism. And it might not be a mutation of the colour gene that has caused his colour loss.

I can't explain more because it's late, I've forgotten much of what I learnt, and my textbooks are all in storage. But I do know that genetics is not as cut-and-dry as everyone seems to think, and albinos have been produced that did not pass on their traits.

I'm not saying this is the case, just that you need to confirm it. Someone has already mentioned Snowflake the Gorilla.

:p

Hix

Very unique dragon you've got there addy, best of luck with your breeding plans. Keep us updated! Just out of curiosity, what's the little fella's name?

oh i forgot to mention his name! after failing to create a name that i was happy with, and in turn refering to him simply as "lizard", his name ultimately became. "lizar'd. there is an emphasis on the "a", or may it is on the 'R". ....lizar`d.

Good luck Addy.
Just remember you got time mate. It is exciting and everyone loves a good luck story, but sleep on it, get the facts from all angles and then plan your strategy based on good info. Be the quite achiever mate, you got heaps of time. One day at a time, enjoy the journey I'm looking forward to how this turns out over the next few years. Man this hobby is going nuts!!

Judging by a sticky in this forum about someone who had their GTP's stolen at gun point personally i would be investing seriously into a high tech home security system including multiple cameras on CCTV. If you had a good credit rating it may well be worth getting a loan to pay for your set up so you have to cut no corners whilst getting everything ready for breeding. I would think that with people getting 10k+ for GTP's (which arent 1 of a kind) then your EWD should easily reach that figure. By playing your cards right this could almost work out to be your lotto ticket. Do your best to keep your address or anything relating you back to where you live away from anybody you speak to about these lizards, and if/when you get the alarm installed i would keep the lizard at your mates house (if its a viable option) I mean who knows. I wouldnt enjoy beeing greeted at the door with a loaded shot-gun. Visible cameras and Dummy cameras can avoid people in those circles becoming too tempted.

thanks for the advice, he is well garded, and the friends also experienced in reptiles are very close. And reptile_boy mentioned, "i know the owner of this lizard from martial arts training", Anyone who comes to my house looking for trouble will get it. If they think they can forcebly take my lizard. They will need the sale money to replace their teeth.

Was going to mention the martial arts, but wasnt too sure if he was BSing or not so i left it out. lol.

Edit: What is guarding your house when you are not home? Just a thought.

Edit2: Is it possible yet to implant your snake with a GPS style tracker (not a microchip) but something that will give its location if it is stolen. I have no idea if its a viable option, all the trackers i have ever seen are rather obvious and not small enough to be implanted.

Last edited:
Lol, it was only a question. Though i had said enough to make it seem like im not a moron lol. I was just querying it as i havnt heard of em but knew that somebody will make a mint when they do.

There has never been an instance in reptiles where the albino gene was not genetic. And this is not a gorilla forum its a reptile forum. I'm stating what has been found in reptile albinism studies. Still is a good idea to prove it though. I know that if I had an animal like that I would not have year old pics to show off at a reptile expo or on the net, especially as those lizards get more impressive as they get older. Where are the new pics?

thanks for the advice, he is well garded, and the friends also experienced in reptiles are very close. And reptile_boy mentioned, "i know the owner of this lizard from martial arts training", Anyone who comes to my house looking for trouble will get it. If they think they can forcebly take my lizard. They will need the sale money to replace their teeth.

umm mate, if someone comes to rob you for a $20,000 lizards i dont think they are going to come bare handed, your not going to have much chance taking on a guy with a loaded shotgun.

There has never been an instance in reptiles where the albino gene was not genetic. And this is not a gorilla forum its a reptile forum. I'm stating what has been found in reptile albinism studies. Still is a good idea to prove it though. I know that if I had an animal like that I would not have year old pics to show off at a reptile expo or on the net, especially as those lizards get more impressive as they get older. Where are the new pics?

I know it's not a gorilla forum lol :) I'm just making the point that it may or maynot be inheritable. I know the likelihood is high of it being a gene that will be passed onto the offspring. But there is a chance that it isn't inheritable.

umm mate, if someone comes to rob you for a $20,000 lizards i dont think they are going to come bare handed, your not going to have much chance taking on a guy with a loaded shotgun.

As long as he remembers the teaching of the martial arts legend Barry Dawson- The Cougar, he will be fine.

Always trust your Man-Stincts.

This project will be expensive and time consuming, making a profit that i can boast about is dowbtfull. and consider that people will not pay the large figures that were thrown around at the reptile expo and this forum. especially when next season there will be a new batch. And how could anyone actually ask for such a price? seriously. and who has ever paid of a house breeding reptiles?.. yes i need to make enough to justify the room it will take up in my house and backyard, and yes NJ and i need to cover costs. But i am soo not making the fortune people think i'll make.

I have, not just paid off, but built and owned the day I moved in, dont kid yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back