Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when most of these were taken from the wild there was no laws regarding collection of reptiles. So how was this illegal?
As long as I can remember its been illegal in NSW to take reptiles from the wild. Thats going back to around 1989-1990. before that I assume it was the same. Back around 1990 if you did not already have a reptile keepers licence, you couldn't get one as the NSW NPWS had a stop on issuing new licences for some reason or another. But you were at that time allowed to possess 2 legally obtained reptiles from a list they had. Which meant that if a licence holder gave you a reptile it was ok. In those days it was illegal to sell reptiles for money but they changed hands by swapping or just giving them to someone.
In those days as in was hard to get animals from breeders.From memory, you could only have a coastal or diamond python or a marsh snake. There were other herps like a beardie, bluetongue etc you could have as well but only two without a licence.

Your a good man Cheyno. Salt of the earth. FOS. You wouldnt own a reptile if people hadnt illegally taken them from the wild originally. Wakeup son.

Mate, the only species I have are not found in NSW, and are from NT, where it is legal to collect animals from the wild with a permit. Therefore, somewhere along the line, yes my snakes have come from the wild, but from a state where it was legally done.

You don't know jack about me, or what I do, so don't go jumping to conclusions.

Colin which branch of the ATO are you at?

I have some friends in Hurstville and the Sydney Tower offices.

I raised the issue of tax a while ago, got about 1 response lol. There are most certainly several breeders who are DEFINATELY carrying on a business in the breeding and selling of reptiles. Which IMO should be paying tax on it. But ATO have more important things to worry about..

I mean come on unless your return is more than about 5k and you raise a few key red flags, you can writer down what you want..

Brendan & Cheyno, your right, i dont know either of you so i opologise for the 5 minutes call. But i still think you are both being naive.

Colin which branch of the ATO are you at?
I have some friends in Hurstville and the Sydney Tower offices.
I raised the issue of tax a while ago, got about 1 response lol. There are most certainly several breeders who are DEFINATELY carrying on a business in the breeding and selling of reptiles. Which IMO should be paying tax on it. But ATO have more important things to worry about..
I mean come on unless your return is more than about 5k and you raise a few key red flags, you can writer down what you want..
pugs I don't work for the ATO :D I work for a private practice
I mean come on unless your return is more than about 5k and you raise a few key red flags, you can writer down what you want
Ah ha :D so you have PJ as your accountant / financial advisor then pugs :lol: :lol:

He bred this albino and sold the parents and siblings before it hatched?

I don't get it, Wouldn't it all be in his record book??? Perhaps he could answer that?

And all the babies would have come out at the same time from the eggs, so seeing one albino in there , wouldn't you keep some of the other babies for future breeding???

And if he doesn't want to make money from his pet then why not use it for breeding loans???

Meet the owner of the females and let them stay at his house with the male? that way there could be a good supply from multiple breeders for everyone to enjoy rather than it being an "elite" situation as it is now with albino snakes?

This reminds me to much of Wednesday night's herp meeting, I got outbid on most of my items :(
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HAHAHAHAHA Kane. Things do happen for a reason. You weren't meant to have any. I can't win anything either so join the Battlers Club.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HAHAHAHAHA Kane. Things do happen for a reason. You weren't meant to have any. I can't win anything either so join the Battlers Club.

Hey, I still got me the gecko!

And if he doesn't want to make money from his pet then why not use it for breeding loans???
Meet the owner of the females and let them stay at his house with the male? that way there could be a good supply from multiple breeders for everyone to enjoy rather than it being an "elite" situation as it is now with albino snakes?
Pretending for a short moment that I believed what addy said... why the heck should he 'share' his pet for everyone to enjoy? Pfft. Just because it's rare and one of it's kind doesn't mean that he should automatically feel obliged to give other people oppurtunity to enjoy albinos aswell.. just because other people want it? That's crap.
And it's not being selfish in my opinion....he said it's his beloved pet. And they tend to do just fine without ever breeding.

Yeah but he said himself he didn't want to make loads of money and wants to breed anyway, so do you think he will sell the hatchies for $50 ea because he doesn't want to make too much money???

I don't think so somehow......

there is a lot of confliction in the story.

LOL Colin, yes I do, but thats not why, I have my own insders at the ATO!

Cant catch everybody.. most people.. hardly anyone.. lol

Your practice in the city? Im on Castlereagh, catch up for a beer one friday.

LOL Colin, yes I do, but thats not why, I have my own insders at the ATO!
Cant catch everybody.. most people.. hardly anyone.. lol
Your practice in the city? Im on Castlereagh, catch up for a beer one friday.
umm.. I think you actually came to my office in Surry Hills last year pugs :rolleyes:
didn't I have to call security to have you removed? or was that someone else :lol: :lol:

lol his story is very sketchy.
but who cares, good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back