Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can i ask....Why is there 2 pages on a snake that is
1. illegal
2. has been ID'ed as a corn on the first page.

exotic reptiles carry diseases our natives will die from. Personally DENR need to get hold of it and kill it to stop this from happening.

Hey feel free to tell me his name, Just so i can dob his *** in & get that animal chucked into a co2 tank.

CHEERS BUD!

Your just jealous cause you want a corn snake :D :lol:

can i ask....Why is there 2 pages on a snake that is
1. illegal Cause illegal is Uber cool
2. has been ID'ed as a corn on the first page. Could be an olive tho :lol:

exotic reptiles carry diseases our natives will die from. Personally DENR needs to get hold of it and kill it to stop this from happening.

Why do I have to do it?
;)

Last edited:
elogov why are you so keen to get invloved?
Sorry to take an interest into defending Australian native wildlife.

Maybe you should start flaming people who keep axolotls and exotic birds,fish etc as well

Do you understand that a axolotl is a store bought legally purchased pet & a corn snake is a illegally introduced/ smuggled pet?

I fail to understand if i am actually talking to a twenty-five year old male or if your delinquent child or brother has gotten ahold of your account

MY POINT ISN'T of removing exotics in general, but more the point of illegally kept exotics!, THERE are currently 140 species of land snakes in Australia, and a further 32 sea snake species. Why would you accept YET defend an illegally kept reptile that potentially could break down this eco-system is beyond me.

I'll happily put my work aside to get involved in removing exotics.

Cheers.

Grab a bucket and start collecting toads in north Queensland. ;)

Honestly I see no point in keeping exotics, I just find this thread funny.

Oh don't get me wrong i love the corn snakes, i just get a-bit upset when someone chooses an illegal exotic over the lovely natural Australian snakes, I like to think i'm speaking on be-half of all snakes Aus wide.

& the snakes have spoken, They are ****ing insulted :).

GOD i love my wooden spoon.

D3pro i've been doing my part in the toad eradication for the past 15 years. I'm proud to say that my small block of land now only contains 300 of the bastards.

Last edited:
Sorry to take an interest into defending Australian native wildlife.

Do you understand that a axolotl is a store bought legally purchased pet & a corn snake is a illegally introduced/ smuggled pet?

I fail to understand if i am actually talking to a twenty-five year old male or if your delinquent child or brother has gotten ahold of your account

MY POINT ISN'T of removing exotics in general, but more the point of illegally kept exotics!, THERE are currently 140 species of land snakes in Australia, and a further 32 sea snake species. Why would you accept YET defend an illegally kept reptile that potentially could break down this eco-system is beyond me.
I am actually Goldmembers delinquent child, feel better now?
Oh and BTW, my dad said you are a lunchbox hero so I should just leave you to defend your sandwiches

Last edited:
Sorry your right.
You're dad needs to get his head out of the sandbox!, But seeing as you said those three lovely words i'll happily step down & look back on what has been a productive afternoon. . .

Cheers!.

Lol what an entertaining read. Thanks for starting it Daniel.
Can you experts point me to some studies showing that a few illegal exotic pet snakes have caused utter destruction of entire Australian ecosystems? I'd be very interested to read them

Can you experts point me to some studies showing that a few illegal exotic pet snakes have caused utter destruction of entire Australian ecosystems? I'd be very interested to read them

If you can show me a situation where a number of exotic snakes have been released in Australia then a study might be made. I'd be interested also.

Well i'm glad you liked it sax ha ha, as for the expert remark sorry if i've come out that way but i'm just a person with a opinion,

& to your query.Not yet sax!, But then again may i ask where was the proof of the introduced cain-toad causing destruction to the ecosystem in 1935?, what seems harmless now could always turn around and bite you later.

LOL That's a "blizzard" corn snake. It's a double-recessive mutation

Ugly things though, I don't know anyone would bother with them, they don't look all that attractive, I could find the ugliest looking spotted python and the spotted would be a much better snake than that thing...LOL..

Even though I don't live in Australia, I would hate to see Australia end up like the United States with all the invasive species. I mean in Florida you have Burmese pythons destroying the Everglades. You have Green Iguanas running around all over the place. You have Nile and Savanna Monitors running wild all over the place. Sometimes I wish the U.S. was strict with rules and regulations like Australia. It would solve a lot of problems. Don't get me wrong, I love Carpet pythons. I think they are the most amazing snakes ever but we can't forget about the amazing snakes we have in our own back yard. When I was a kid, I wasn't catching Woma's and carpets, I was catching Hognose snakes, King snakes and corn snakes. Sometimes we forget how amazing our own reptiles are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back