Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rubydimond

Reaction score
hi people i was just watching miami animal police on foxtell and one of the vets brought out an albino Burmese python they said it was dumper or something.
it was only small.
i would think an albino would me sort after in all snakes due to albino in anything is usually rare.
is thins the case with snakes or are they common???
i would love to see one in real life the markings were still there but just in different shades of white.

they photo is not off the show its just one i googled to show what i ment on how great i think they look

Attachments

• albino Burmese python.jpg
    albino Burmese python.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 362
Mate, albinos tend to be more common os as they have literally been specifically bred to death with multiple breedings of albinos over the years and the availability of different species. Albinism in Australian snakes tend to be uncommon as there have been very few snakes aussie snakes found with the recessive trait so far to breed stock from.

cool thanks. i wonderd why when i looked it up it was all american snakes.
my favorite quote "only in america" hehehe like aliens why are they only in america lol
btw i dont belive i just think its funny .

we cant get burms right ?? there too big and dangerous or something ??

Ummmmm. Burmese pythons are found naturally in Burma, Malaysia and Indonesia. As such, they are non indigenous to Australia. Hence they are an exotic. Check the Junior Woodchuck guide for your state on keeping exotics. The last time I checked there was an import ban on all exotic reptiles into Australia unless you are a Zoo.

Last edited:
cool i figured so . im only a new at the hole snake think there so much to learn

It's because they're exotics, not because they're "big and dangerous".

If we weren't allow various animals because they were big and dangerous we wouldn't be allowed out vens or a lot of dog species.

It's because they're exotics, not because they're "big and dangerous".

If we weren't allow various animals because they were big and dangerous we wouldn't be allowed out vens or a lot of dog species.
cool . i get ya.
whats the biggest snake in australia.
my sisters friend had to give her python to the zoo because it ate the neighbours jack rustle.
i was to young to remember much but i know it was big like 18ft of something?

The biggest australian snakes are the scrub python, olive python and oenpelli rock python(maybe?)
Which one is the biggest is up to opinion more than anything IMO.

Albino Burms are as common here in the US as EVERYTHING else. Every pet store has them and for cheap. I really like the natural look of the Burms coloration/pattern almost more than any other snake and baby albino Burms are sooo cute. I don't have any due to their size. Just to big for what I would like right now.

burmese%20albino%2023.jpg

burmese%2019.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back