Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miss2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys yesterday as i was feeding the yabbies i saw a weird long pink thing, presumably a snake. i jumped on the bike as im scared poo less of snakes and went to drive away. i then saw it again only this time i recognized what it was... an albino tiger snake!!! wish i had had my camera. has anyone seen one of these before?

Wow what a find! Should go back and get pics,,,
Probably got an inbox full from people wanting to know where haha.

Your scared or snakes,Yet urve posted 935 times on a reptile forum..go figure...Photos all it never happened..lol

Common people! Don't be so rudely demanding. If I took a photo of a wild albino tiger snake, surely I wouldn't publish it on a forum - it would deserve a prime spot in a glossy magazine. Get real.

Something out of the ordinary doesnt come along that often Michael,thats why photos can re-assure us it happened,So how many photos have you posted compared to how many that are in glossy books..lol..

You're scared of snakes, yet you can positively confirm it's a tiger snake. For someone who's afraid of them I don't understand how you'd ID them correctly.

Something out of the ordinary doesnt come along that often Michael,thats why photos can re-assure us it happened,So how many photos have you posted compared to how many that are in glossy books..lol..

Why is it so important if it happened or not? Miss2 reported what she has seen and that's good enough for me.
Actually, my snake book alone contains 304 images, that apart from all the magazine and other books - I don't think I posted a fraction of that on forums.

Haha D3, was waiting for you to add something to this thread :p

Also I highly doubt that miss2, being a young chick and all, left the house without her phone :)

i don't doubt that you found an albino in the wild. The ID of the snake may be questionable- a lot of people get that wrong at the best of times, and considering most go on colour the albino side of things may just make it that little bit harder.

many didn't believe i came across a wild albino until i showed pics either, so be prepared to be accused and bombarded with pic requests ;)

and i have seen a number of people who keep captive pythons leg it at the site of a wild elapid, it is not that unusual.

bugger em all.if you said you seen it lovey thats good enough for me too.and hey to all the ignorant and rude people out there,you can love something with passion,learn all you can about something and yet never want to posses it.and a wild snake,the nasty type,wow,i would have been outta there as well.........and i have a few of my own.

ok wow theres a few things to reply to here.... pythons73 - yes iam frightened of snakes but as you can see my 935 posts are about lizards lol
snakelove- just because im frightened of snakes does not mean i dont know what i have seen, for someone thats only 21 i find it hard to understand how you are so arrogant.
samnazb- i dont often take my phone with me when im going to feed the yabbies and horses ;)

there is a chance that i got the id wrong and if i have it seems to be that i have made a sinful post, if thats the case shoot me now. but as far as i know from living on a farm that is full of tiger snakes (that yes im frightened of) i believe i saw a 2ish ft albino Tiger snake.

i will def take my camera when i head back down there to check the dams. i will try to spot it again and get pics :)

oh and thanks to the few people who didnt shoot me down :)

Great reply miss2, you have got your head crewed on the right way.
In my first life (LOL) I used to live in Canberra and collected tiger snakes for venom extraction. The best spots I use to got to were around Bungandore and Hoskinstown. Where about is your farm?

thanks waterrat :)
we are near bungers

Hmm..2ft..pink snake...you say it was a tiger,so im guessing it had stripes or a pattern of that appearance...probably a released or surviving amelanistic corn snake.
Thats my guess!..though im not dismissing the fact that it could of been a Albino tiger :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back