Albino Tree Skinks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jinjajoe

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This colony of Albino Tree Skinks are the only ones in existance to the best of my knowledge...... I am lucky enough to be working with a silent partner & attempt to breed & expand the colony into sufficient numbers to be released into the pet trade in the fullness of time. The founder animals were a pair of Normals that produced an Albino by chance in captivity..... this pair (obviously Heterozygous for Albino) have continually bred to leave 4 albinos & a group of Poss Hets....

Over the next few years I hope to weed out & prove the possible heterozygous animals & hopefully get the Albinos to breed both with Heterozygous & Normal animals & ultimately Albino x Albino provided that the gene is robust enough to allow.......

For those going to the Scales & Tails show next week I will be displaying a few of these awesome critters....... ENJOY !!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0602.jpg
    DSCF0602.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCF0607.jpg
    DSCF0607.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCF0581.jpg
    DSCF0581.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCF0582.jpg
    DSCF0582.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCF0586.jpg
    DSCF0586.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCF0588.jpg
    DSCF0588.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF0590.jpg
    DSCF0590.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCF0591.jpg
    DSCF0591.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF0595.jpg
    DSCF0595.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCF0596.jpg
    DSCF0596.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCF0597.jpg
    DSCF0597.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 254
  • DSCF0601.jpg
    DSCF0601.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
no wander you sold a few pairs of animals to concentrate on other projects

nice one joe....

Do the albinos seem healthy? do they act and behave like normal etc? Like you say hopefully they are robust enough to breed together in the future.

Should be a fun project to work with in the years ahead.

Cheers,
Dave

nice one joe....

Do the albinos seem healthy? do they act and behave like normal etc? Like you say hopefully they are robust enough to breed together in the future.

Should be a fun project to work with in the years ahead.

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks Dave........

They seem robust...... It will be a long process if they won't breed... working exclusively with Hets & Poss Hets etc.... but I reckon the founder Het male will mate with the albino girls at least..... Albino males just like the Blueys may lack the vigour... but hey I am guessing at this point... There is enough animals now to get this rolling I believe.

Wow never thought these were out there just wondering if you get a future line out of them what would they cost ?

Wow never thought these were out there just wondering if you get a future line out of them what would they cost ?

Not sure mate...... there is some water to go under the bridge before there is enough to disperse & they are housed at 2 separate places to discourage the thugs..... I'd just like to share as I go along..... too many of these kind of projects are under wraps.... the photos are FREE if that helps lol

Awesome project Joe.... Best of luck with the breeding plans!

Very sweet, lets hope the they have a healthy labido! Ill be waiting for updates.

All the best mate......... awesome spices of skink to keep......... Albino would make it that much better!!!!!

I remember seeing a thread about an albino ages ago while searching 'Tree Skink' on this forum... but these pics are better quality and the albinos look better than I thought!

They're awesome Joe, all the best in expanding the colony! Wish I could afford to come up for the scales n tails gig :(

They look fantastic, Ive seen pics before of these guys when they were owned by someone else, but these pics are great!

good on ya joe! the thing you have managed never cease to amaze me :)

Sorry - but I much prefer my lizards with their natural colours and scale patterns .

I see no value in selectively breeding animals to produce an artifical version with a colouration that would have no survival value in a natural setting, just because the genetics can artifically selected for by the animals ancestors owners for some egotistical or curiousity / freakshow value and I object very strongly to doing this because they will be unique / very rare and can attact a high market price.

This has been done with pigeons, chickens, cats, and dogs for many decades and look at the abominations and freaks with inbred genetic and health and physical defects that kind of human interference has produced. I'd hate to see this done to wonderful animals like lizards or snakes. (No matter how stunningly beautiful some of these unnaturally selected / bred reptiles can be - yes I've pictures or some stunning beautiful snakes who were artifically selected.)

That's my opinion for what it's worth and you can take or leave it. And I'll not add more or discuss it further, nor am I interested in entering a debate about this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back