albino water dragon question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie19

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey a few years ago someone on this site was saying they had an albino eastern water dragon they had pictures and seemed to be for real but I m not sure could have been photoshoped I guess but what I guess I m asking is if anyone knows if it was a real albino and if it ever bred

It died but apparently it did produce Hets.
Yeah, "Apparently" . Enough time should have elapsed now for any offspring to have matured but there's been no sign of them. There was never any photos of the original as a hatchling, or any evidence of siblings or parents. My guess is wild caught by someone who wasn't quite experienced enough to successfully keep or breed it.

Damn thats sad to hear I was hoping it would off had a few good clutch's as it looked very nice . .so m I right in thinking there are still no morphs/hets of the eastern water dragon? And thanks for the replys guys also I heard he was ment to be making a book with info and pictures I m guessing that never happened? Thanks again everyone

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you wanna see pictures deadly danny80 theres still some in the old thread

- - - Updated - - -

Heres 2 photos from the original thread

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-01-19-33-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-01-19-33-47.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 296
  • Screenshot_2014-01-01-19-32-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-01-19-32-59.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 400
Wow that's crazy... Thx Eddie

No problem man yeah its awesome can't believe there never ended up being more I thought by now they would be a common thing since the first post was back years ago thats why I dug up this forum again hoping to buy somd hatchlings but sounds like it won't be happing until someone is lucky enough to end up hatching another one which my be never who knows

No problem man yeah its awesome can't believe there never ended up being more I thought by now they would be a common thing since the first post was back years ago thats why I dug up this forum again hoping to buy somd hatchlings but sounds like it won't be happing until someone is lucky enough to end up hatching another one which my be never who knows

Yeah I was surprised to see that the dragon was a relatively big too... Such a Shane... Do you keep water dragons? I really admire this species

Yeah I was surprised to see that the dragon was a relatively big too... Such a Shane... Do you keep water dragons? I really admire this species

Yeah water dragons are the only thing I have owned besides a bluely I had when I was much younger . .and yeah he was a fair size lizard that is why I had thought he would've had a few clatchs and they said he was a male so keeping that in mind I had thought the would have got plenty out off him how about you danny what do you keep?

Yeah water dragons are the only thing I have owned besides a bluely I had when I was much younger . .and yeah he was a fair size lizard that is why I had thought he would've had a few clatchs and they said he was a male so keeping that in mind I had thought the would have got plenty out off him how about you danny what do you keep?

Ok nice one... I've got a 12 month old Bearded Dragon, 12 month old Eastern Water Dragon & a three year old Frill Neck... The water dragon is my fav. I have invested a lot of time a patience into him in order to gain his trust... Recently been making some good headway... Very rewarding :)

Ok nice one... I've got a 12 month old Bearded Dragon, 12 month old Eastern Water Dragon & a three year old Frill Neck... The water dragon is my fav. I have invested a lot of time a patience into him in order to gain his trust... Recently been making some good headway... Very rewarding :)

Yes they can be stubborn and takes a while to get them to fully trust you but when they do its great my male is great he'll just come and sit with me on the lounge now with out me even doing anything but took a long time to get him to this stage. .frill neck hey? That's actually what I was thinking of getting next since it seems I won't be getting a albino water dragon anytime soon haha I have only just upgraded my license which is needed here in nsw and looking at doing all the research now and setting up a tank hopefully by 2015 ill have my 1st frilly when I 1st got my license it was only so I could wait the 2years and upgrade and by a frilly but then the waterdragons took over (not that I have lots but the few I have. Have always been plenty haha)

People I bought my EWD supposibly had a adult white female I didn't get to see it was too cold and they were in there log, I ended up getting 1 of her baby's hopefully get to go back in the future

People I bought my EWD supposibly had a adult white female I didn't get to see it was too cold and they were in there log, I ended up getting 1 of her baby's hopefully get to go back in the future

It would be quite remarkable for there to be a captive adult albino water dragon that the hobby had never heard about. Especially considering the potential money to be made from breeding.

It would be quite remarkable for there to be a captive adult albino water dragon that the hobby had never heard about. Especially considering the potential money to be made from breeding.

Not everyone is after money although I do agree with you on the fact you would think word would have gotta out about it and when buying reptiles so many people say stuff that has to be taken with a grain of salt unless you actually see it because unfortunately now days people will say anything to get an extra couple dollars which is just a shame and one of the many reasons why reptiles and reptile keepers are going down hill

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it would be good to see that way you would know if it was true but even if it wasn't albino at least you got a great pet

Like any albino dragon. It will die and go blind. Water dragons bask as much as beardies. Recipe for disaster. Looked cool but.

I would be surprised if it would have the same amount of problems as beardies, as the mitchelli and centrals don't feed by themselves. This individual was very likely wildcaught, the fact that it could survive in the wild and not have to be assist fed says something for the strength compared to the beardie counterparts.. Possibly living under filtered sunlight in the rainforest the light requirements aren't as harsh as that of a desert dwelling species.
As far as I'm aware albino beardies haven't lived longer then 2 years where this guy lived for a few years. http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-lizards-5383/bad-news-good-news-94913/ It would be good if there was some success with the hets, they would be over 5 years old now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like any albino dragon. It will die and go blind. Water dragons bask as much as beardies. Recipe for disaster. Looked cool but.

There are several sun loving albino reptiles that do fine. And has been said this individual was almost certainly wild caught and if it could survive in the wild it will almost certainly thrive in captivity.

There are several sun loving albino reptiles that do fine. And has been said this individual was almost certainly wild caught and if it could survive in the wild it will almost certainly thrive in captivity.

Yes well albinos would usually die off in the wild and would be safer in captivity but if this one was wild caught maybe it would have been better of if they left it since it was fairly big and must have been doing alright then to be put in a tank by a inexperienced owner and let die. .not saying that's what happened as I don't know if it was caught or not nor do I no anything about the owners experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back