Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only true albino python I have ever heard of was Sploff, (I think that was his name), the albino Olive. Some of his offspring were for sale through the Herp Trader at huge prices a few months ago. Never heard of Albino Coastals.

:p Yeah africa you was close it was ''spliff'' albino olive,i have only heard of hypomelanistic/heterozygous gene in coastals but am still not sure as to wether they r real or not.What made you ask bout albino coastals did you see something or hear about it?in the states they have alot of coastal variations. :p

I have also seen pictures of a Blackheaded python where the colours on the body were normal, but there was no black on its head. It was all white.

:)

Oh, well, that's all white then! :lol:

Bob W in Gosford has a beautiful albino BHP. It's head is almost all white, but has some black spots. Lovely critter!

lutzd do you have a picture or know a way of getting one as i would love to see that animal.

hey roadkill,

there is a picture of the albino in the species sorted album in the gallerys, it personally freaked me out a bit, wierd looking bugger it is :shock:

cheers
STP
Leader of the Love the Glove Party

I know what ya mean gloves old boy, thats what I thought of Spliff, really freaky looking thing and I would not want to own one, (apart from the value side of it that is).

lol i can now picture that albino snake browsing the net and coming across my picture in the gallery and going "ewwwwwwwww, damn thats freaky"

hehehehe

STP

someone i know said they ahve seen one but they didnt know if it was a carpet or not it was cream with yellow blotches

ive seen heaps of pictures of albino boas and stuff....i guess its possible to mistake em for a carpet python, given the pattern and all

cheers
STP

i didnt find spliff to be freaky looking i thought it looked rather cool although i couldnt afford one(not with my pocket money :lol: ) i would still like to own one.
sarah i think i have heard that same description for a blonde maccie or stimpsons was it a large snake :?:

To see Bonde Macs (Cape York phase) check out my or Fangs' gallery.
They are a naturally occuring colour variation, but there is no 'albino' or hypo or anemelanistic (sp?) side to the difference in colour.

:pI was under the impression that the bhp bob has isnt an albino but instead it carries the heterzygous or hypomelanistic gene.There is a difference but hopefully someone who fully understands & has read up on the differences between all the characteristics might be able to clear this up. :p

If this is the bhp in the gallery, it's what's called "amelanistic" i think. basically its a different level of lacking black pigment.

a true albino animal has no dark pigment whatsoever, hence the white/light body colours, and pink eyes. amelanistic is lacking a lot of pigment, hypomelanistic is lacking less... the animal may have fairly normal patterning just much lighter colours (see the young 'hypomelanistic' coastals that are around a little).

I'm also pretty sure that albinism is nearly always a recessive trait, if anyone has heard differently please correct me.
this means that a heterozygous animal would appear completely normal, but carry the gene for albinism. if mated to another heterozygous animal, the offspring (on paper) would be 25% normal, 50% heterozygous, and 25% albino. mating to an albino would produce 50% albino and 50% het.

i could go on for ages but will stop there hehe, not even sure if that really pertains to this post! but if anyone wants to know anything else, or if i need to clarify, please ask.

Also the only genetically proven trait i know of in coastals is called the "jaguar coastal", first bred in Norway - i know they've been talked about on these forums before! i've never heard of or seen an albino coastal..

I have a half coastal half jungle, and he is beautiful enough....

But a half coastal half Jaguar..... Now we're talking!!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back