Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the feral hunters, there is a cool series of dvds starring my friend Andre G. Well worth a look, particularly for those in the south. He is one of the best shots Iv ever seen! He cleans up alot of the ferals around our area. My partner goes out with him sometimes. Im glad there are some ppl like him round here, but not enough. Our local beardie population has all but disappeared due to the large fox and feral cat population.

If anyone is interested in the dvds, you can pm me, and I will ask him if I can pass on his details. I dont know how many hunting specific dvds there are out there, so I thought Id mention it.

Come on Matty you been quiet for a while you should have heaps of pics to show by now!!

lol my lab once tracked and caught a rabbit and he brought it to our feet and dropped it and it was still alive and happy to hop away (once i checked it wasnt hurt)
it was a pet rabbit not wild

Im sorry im a kiwi so im used to hunting deer, iv got a couple of reds, whit tails, and sika, unfortunately got no pics on the computer so would be good to see some pics of some deer on here

Btw if anyone could recommend some spots near the sunshine coast where deer are? doesn't matter if a few hours away, i know there's nothing here.

Great pic's I'm all for killing feral's!! Only been pigging once and no luck to dry so we took the .22 out, it had been years since I had shot a rifle in the army, but first shot I nailed rabbit reloaded and hit another straight away, ended up bagging 5 :lol:

New Years 06-07
deano191.jpg

I once had one of our pigs get out. We were chasing it around for awhile and my old man goes go let your dog out see if he will grab it (dogue de bordeaux). Anyway I let the dog out he went up to the pig smelt it then just walked off. My old man hung it on me for ages saying how crap the dog was.:rolleyes:

has anyone on here ever been injured by a wild boar/pig? while hunting?

i know they do alot of damage...

and bax tahts a great pic lol

I have a mate that has some good scars from Boars. one he had a sow and was about to finish it when a boar come screamin out of the bush and upped him big time big rip up left butt cheek.

i wanna go hunting 1 day....
if it wasnt so darn hard 2 get guns nowadays...
hopefully gonna go with my friend who lives in coona next time im there :D

It's not that hard to get guns its harder to try find places to go hunting. Hunting injuries been thrown out the back of a ute before didn't get any injuries though.

Been away in the Torress Straight for a month. Saw alot of pigs and deer but work came first :evil: Would have loved to had my dogs there. PS saw some real nice repies :DMatty

This is our new litter of up and comers. The bitch is 1/2 Pitt and 1/2 Red Kelpie. The dog is Full blood Red and Tan Kelpie. Pic of a boar from just before i left. Good find and capture. Matty ;)

DSC01403.jpg

DSC01412.jpg

DSC02968.jpg

just gotback home last week off the boat and stoped into one of our properties brigs this was the one i was teling u about

ashford 222.jpg

ashford 223.JPG

Nice one Nook ;) Hey Brother i sometimes feed my dogs the meat and some go to freinds. Some go to Aborigines here as they love it and some go to the Croc farm. The majority rot in the field. Bit of a waste but sometimes you just cant carry them out. Matty ;)

Im not saying that you shouldnt kill pigs, feral exotic animals are a huge problem but theres one thing that I hate about hunters - typically speaking they dont do it because its necessary, they do it because they enjoy it.

Enjoy it ! I live for it ! The adrenalin rush from chasing your dogs through the bush or stalking a big billy Goat or finding that trophy Stag is more than an addiction. We all know man has hunted for food for the ages but these days we just go to Woolworths. You cant tell me that our ancestors would not have been excited while hunting. That rush and adrenalin is what kept them alive when hunting wild beasts. Its very hard to explain to someone that hasnt experienced it but its something thats within many humans. Its not about the blood or the death of an animal. Its about the hunt. I took a freind of mine for a pig hunt once after him bagging me for 2 years about killing poor piggies. Now this fella loved his fishing but dogs holding a pig for you whilst you dispatched it was another story. We went for a 3 day hunt in the hills near Nundle. He came straight home and bought a dog and became a very succesful hunter. He just clicked and appreciated the whole " hunt " thing. The joy i get from breeding a little puppy and training and growing him up and then see him find and catch his first pig makes me burst with pride. The keeness and happiness my sons get from a hunt and camp is more than any reward. They arent sitting in front of the x box , they are out living. I dont have to defend my passion for hunting but if youve never done it , then dont knock it. Watch out , you may "love "it. Matty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back