All users please read this

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbral

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I spend the majority of my time on APS at the moment editing out swear words which have the first and last letter of the word and symbols in between or the good old four * words.

Please read the rule quoted below, the last thing any of us want to do is start giving formal warnings or infractions for silly things like this which can easily be avoided if you spend two seconds to find a more intelligent word.

Rule 3:
No swearing or cursing, this includes trying to bypass the installed filter by making variations to words. If the filter alters words in your post to ‘*****’, then edit the post immediately and change the offending word.

Regards,
Timm

Just to clarify, I was infracted some time ago for swearing, but I had actually typed my post using asterisks, and not the actual swear word.

So, can we clarify somewhere that this too, is not allowed?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Disintergratus, its really down to the context its used in. Whilst you still used asterisks in place of swearing, the meaning was still there which goes against Rule 3 and hence would have resulted in an infraction and removal.

Would it be possible to have this explained a bit more? I understand the reason for everything except the last statement. If the filters censor it anyway, why must a person edit their post? If a younger member knows what word belongs under the asterisks, they obviously already know the word and its meaning. For the few people who don't know the meaning, having it filtered has already saved them from ever seeing it. Or is the expectation that someone would see asterisks and start googling what secrets might be lurking behind these dastardly six pointed characters?
I realise this post dances close to the line of rule 13 but I also believe in being allowed to question things that don't make sense to me (and possibly others).

Some of the people who know the words will find them offensive hence the rule. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to just exclude swear words from your posts in the first place.

I'm closing this thread now, should anyone have any questions feel free to drop any of the mods a PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to hit the close button... Still learning the ropes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back