Already?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Got home tonight after a night on the turps.. and looked in on my new centipede Tiger.

Tiger's tank, tunnel and cave are all empty.

My room then, has a very large, very angry and very quick centipede hiding in it somewhere (but I cannot fnd it at all..) Am praying it turns up in the morning in it's cave!

Until then, I'm sleeping in the spare room.

I'm terrified of Tiger finding ME.
I dunno how I'll get him back into his tank if I find him. He's so quick.
Sucks 'cause I only got him yesterday..

I'm terrified of Tiger finding ME.
I dunno how I'll get him back into his tank if I find him. He's so quick.
Sucks 'cause I only got him yesterday..

jsut pick it up:D hahah
\
but seriously bad luck dude, hope you find him. and i think you should invest in a lid for you tank. oh yeah when i found oe under my fridge i used the dust pan to pick him up and puthim outside. might work for you to

He has a lid, but there's a little cut out bit of the lid that you put your finger under to lift up.. He mustve got out of that..

He has a lid, but there's a little cut out bit of the lid that you put your finger under to lift up.. He mustve got out of that..

so i assume you didn't wake up tofind him in his cave then? did ya check the whole cage maybe hes dug under the substrate, i thought my spider had gotten out but she had dug a hole into the centre of the enclosure and had covered up the front. i couldnt' tell the difference. wasnt till the 3 months substrate change that i found her.

Get a stick and keep on moving around the substrate, if he is in there you will probably hook him around the stick and he will pop up. I did this when I thought my centipede had escaped.

Dug up his entire enclosure, and he definitely isn't there. Can't really miss him. Packed all the substrate back down, and replaced the furniture so it's already for him if I ever find him.

Completely stripped my bedroom and he isn't in there, that I can see... will try again at night time. Any ideas on how to lure him somewhere? Or to trap him?

He will turn up, somewhere dark and warm.... one of my Ts did My Bed!!!

For the Future:
Use a tight fitting glass lid glue a marble to the top for a handle.

you will probably feel it crawling on you about 3 in the morning .

its probably in the spare room LOL

Just off topic, for when you do get him back..

I've read on different threads/websites that people usually put an old stocking over the entire setup means that there's no gaps for them to get out plus air can still get through.

Good luck finding it.

Will do the marble to the lid trick. That's a great idea... And I'll find something to cover the little handle-gap he got out of... I wish he would turn up!

Will he go to a bathroom or something where it's cool and more humid?

At least I'm not the only one that has had escapees then.. not that that helps me get Tiger back. I wonder if he's moved away from my bedroom? How far are they likely to move?

I have seen big ones in the bush and they can cover a bit of ground.
I guess all them legs you know, they might never stop walking. I used to find then under bark on trees, or in amongst the mulch so I guess they like a bit of moisture.
good luck.

Bugger... I hope he is content to stay closeby... I really don't want to search the whole house for him... And for his sake I hope I find him before mum does

Will do the marble to the lid trick. That's a great idea... And I'll find something to cover the little handle-gap he got out of... I wish he would turn up!

Will he go to a bathroom or something where it's cool and more humid?

I use a really tough Lycra mesh or metal; flywire as well.

Well mum's making me sleep in my room tonight, so hopefully he doesn't decide it's warmer under the covers *shudder*...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back