Amazing encounter snake encounter

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheekabee

Reaction score
Amazing snake encounter

Today I was herping in the Basalt plains west of Melbourne with a friend and I came across this!!

Wild little whip snake eating marbled gecko by Melbourne herping, on Flickr

I was searching for legless lizards but unfortunately didn't find any but I did come across this little whip snake eating a marbled gecko and I got some quick shots. Fortunately it didn't drop.

Last edited:
IMG_3821.jpg
Today I was herping in the Basalt plains west of Melbourne with a friend and I came across this!!

I was searching for legless lizards but unfortunately didn't find any but I did come across this little whip snake eating a marbled gecko and I got some quick shots. Fortunately it didn't drop.

Was a good day!

Great shots! Thanks for sharing.
Am I assuming correctly that it had already caught its prey when you came upon it?

Am I assuming correctly that it had already caught its prey when you came upon it?

Yeah we did. We found a few whips, this one was like this under tin, rare find.
I accidentally pulled the tail off while trying to pose the snake but he got it down with ease.

Yeah I was real lucky as soon as I lifted this piece of tin a marbled gecko got startled and ran right in front of the little whip that was also under the tin and he must of been hungry lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back