amazing mount nebo and mount glorious

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slither

Reaction score
hey guys just wandering who has been herping up mount nebo and mount glorious we have been up 2 nights a week sinse december and have seen at least 3 snakes every night it is absolutely amazing up there snakes seen are death adders rough scales bandy bandys many and many coastals from 2 foot up to about 8 foot blind snakes and 2 small eyed snakes and a stephens banded snake please share with what you have found up there

A few people i know often go up. They find alot of snakes to, there both beautiful place's so im not suprised. You also find them giant purple worms when its raining lol there bigger then alot of the snakes haha.

Nice, sounds like a great spot, my brother found a coral Snake around Mt Glorious about a week ago.

awesome mate thanks heaps for that have u seen them recently and if so abouit what times

In 2007. I assume they haven't been exterminated since then. I don't like the northern ones with their yucky brown noses :lol: The black-nosed southern ones are much nicer :)

its nothing like it was 10 years ago unfortunately. It would take you 5 hours to do the trip because you stopped so much....I have been a few times this season and seen the old carpet python and pink tongues, these species you would drive past as you got sick of seeing so many.....not anymore.

Unfortunately with the increase of new keepers, Mt Glorious has become a bit of a haven for lazy Brisbane people. Luckily QPWS are all over it at the moment, so hopefully that will dissuade any poachers.

slither, if you start to learn of some of the other spots around SEQ, try and keep them off the forums. All it does is increase the amount of people doing 40km/h with their high beams burning my retina's and headtorches strapped to their foreheads. Herping spots are like fishing spots - only tell those who you trust with your life.

Haha, you're on the trusted list by association!

haha. Trusted by association eh? Good stuff. So I can expect the full list of your favourite spots, including details of species found and weather conditions in my PM Inbox by tomorrow, 5pm sharp then? :D

hahah. Stewart's driving scares me. He "conserves energy" by not slowing down for corners. When someone like that comments on Jonno's driving, I feel very well fore-warned :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back